TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have searched but without luck.....I have a 1999 (I think,,,it has drum brakes )....I need to rebuild the carb. I have rebuilt the carbs on the later models but I have not found any postings on this early carb..(maybe because I dont know what make it is)

I was also wondering if this carb is still available to purchase new....or parts. and if it is possible to upgrade to the later carbs,

thanks

·
Registered
913 Posts
The year of manufacture is shown on a label on the "head tube" of each TW. You "searched"? Really? Half of the conversations on this site are about TW carburetors. Heck! Cut "carburetor rebuild" and paste it into the Advanced Search box above. I got 56 "hits" when I did it.

Then, get a copy of the Service Manual: tw200mainmanual_ocrv2 and follow what it says.

if you run into any other problems, we can help.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Old style carbs are still available for around $260-$270. The new one can be retrofitted to work but too expensive to do it and one is no better than the other IMO. To my knowledge there is no such thing as a rebuild kit from Yamaha OEM. You can buy all the tiny parts separate or go with one of the after market kits that I had zero luck with. Some here say the kit from Pro Cycle is pretty good but I never installed one of theirs. The old carbs are Tiki .

GaryL

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Old style carbs are still available for around $260-$270. The new one can be retrofitted to work but too expensive to do it and one is no better than the other IMO. To my knowledge there is no such thing as a rebuild kit from Yamaha OEM. You can buy all the tiny parts separate or go with one of the after market kits that I had zero luck with. Some here say the kit from Pro Cycle is pretty good but I never installed one of theirs. The old carbs are Tiki .

GaryL
GaryL Thanks......that is the info I was looking for.....
(didn't need to be scolded about my search skills)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts