TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a thrasher weekend and ripped 4 spokes out of my rear wheel. I need 4 sprocket side spokes. If anyone has some spares I'll buy me off ya. If I don't hear in a few days from anyone I'll pony up and buy a whole set. No big deal either way. Thanks fellas. :eek:

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Wow, rough weekend!

I have a complete set of rear spokes that I removed from a wheel that I am converting to a trailer wheel mod. I seem to remember that there are at least three, and maybe four, different spokes used on the rear wheel, i.e., different lengths and different angles on the head of the spokes. If you can help me figure out which ones you need, I will get them sent to you.

Brian

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a set and looks like 2 sizes ? Let me know if you need a few.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Here are some spokes from the sprocket side of the TW rear wheel. There is a very slight difference between the angle of the spokes heads between the inner and the outer spokes. If you look closely you will see that the top two have a slightly larger included angle (> 90 degrees) while the bottom two are at a right angle (= 90 degrees).

Sorry, but I don't know which ones are the inners and which ones are the outers (but I also don't think that it really matters much!).

IMG_1736.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am missing two rear spokes too, and have been trying to figure out the best way to replace/identify them. If there are any left when vanillagorrilla is done, I could use a couple...

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Ebay has new and used..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine arrived in 2 bags with long and short in each of the bags and there are 4 different spokes.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think I got it nailed down. Thanks guys! I'm gonna keep a close eye on these wheels now. I don't see any marks on the broken spokes and heya re all straight as an arrow. I do thing that they got impacted and that's why they were all right next to each other, but being a wheel builder I know sometimes a wheels spokes have just reached their fatigue life and you just chase it forever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts