TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not for me....I bought my son his first bike today and I think he will fair better if he practiced with them. I'm hoping one of you guys have them laying around from your when you taught your kids. Thanks

·
Registered
814 Posts
Simplest way to train the child is to lower the seat so they can flat foot the bike. Then remove the pedals. Now let the child ride it around walking and running. You will see them start to ride and balance. That is when it is time to put the pedals back on. Next step after they get used to using the pedals is to raise the seat to the proper height. No training wheels needed.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
My older sister and I learned to ride a bicycle's without training wheels. My younger sister was afraid to try. I got a set of training wheels from a neighbor. She learned to ride until the training wheels literally fell off. She stopped riding said she couldn't ride until they were back on,she'd get hurt. So I put them back on wired up to frame.
She had no problem learning to ride anything with horse power. Including horses.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up building a set of training wheels. How would I lower the seat? Clamp the spring?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts