TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried a number of searches and some of the results are fairly old, so I thought I'd ask. I saw some homemade results that look like good low cost options but I'd like your advice about what you would buy. Mostly city street driving. My bike has a Renthal bar that seems to be a pretty standard size. Lots of potholes here so it's gotta be something that won't rattle loose. When I go trail riding I won't use a mount. I'll just keep my phone tucked in my pocket or backpack. I'm hoping to stay under $50. Thanks for your advice. Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
BadgerFlorida,
I've been using, and very happy with, a Ram Mount X-grip along with the rubber "web grip" holder: http://tinyurl.com/y8fp54u8 This is secure on the trail and the price is reasonable.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
johnnyquest - do you know if it can be easily moved from one bike to another. I looked at the Perfect Squeeze and the accountant in me has that one listed as "investment grade". If I can easily move it I can keep it forever and use it for every application. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I move it from TW to GS occasionally. It takes an allen key/wrench. Also I ordered the portrait adapter plate. I believe if you order the mount you will have to order the clamps too. Got mine as a gift for Christmas. I'd call to make sure on all you'll need. This will probably be the last mount, for any phone, you'll buy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jq - I watched their video seems pretty quick to move to another bike and looks like there is not much that could break. I'm thinking I could use one of my old GoPro suction mounts with it in our cars. Thanks again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I saw this mount on ADVRIDER. There is a thread on it from the owner of the company when he first started production. If you research it, there's a discount code. Any little bit helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,418 Posts
This can mount a bit cleaner using the supplied Mirror base-to-1” ball mount, plus save some $ too. Shucks, buy two and don’t worry about moving from vehicle to vehicle.
Motorcycle Phone Mount, BonyTek Bike Bicycle Motorbike Motorcycle Handlebar…

Integral waterproof switched USB port with Idiot Light is a real nice bonus. Plus the shorter stalk should vibrate less. Good option if your bars are already crowded or if you dislike the typical bar-clamp ( which is also included ).

·
Registered
19,418 Posts
Actually with the two included mounting bases on the above phone mount it would be fairly easy to equip two bikes with bases and just worry about the ball joint wing nuts when moving mount from one awesome motorcycle to another.

·
Registered
52 Posts
$11 bucks. Amazon "bike motorcyle phone holder" made by exshow. I've used for 2 months with galaxy s7, iPhones, and even old garmin car gps. Doesn't shake rattle or roll. These type things don't have to be expensive to be effective. I used to mountain bike and there are several handy bags/mounts/etc that can be purchased for a fraction of the cost since they don't have "for motorcycle" in the search bar.

Screenshot_20170702-230523.png

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
johnnyquest - do you know if it can be easily moved from one bike to another. I looked at the Perfect Squeeze and the accountant in me has that one listed as "investment grade". If I can easily move it I can keep it forever and use it for every application. Thanks for the advice.
I have the perfect squeeze too, best mount i have ever seen and i have used quite a few. If you get the 1: ram ball option it can mount to anything that you can put a ram ball on. does not get much more versatile in my book.

http://https://tdubbin.wordpress.com/2016/10/25/product-review-hondo-garage-perfect-squeeze/

·
Registered
928 Posts
BadgerFlorida,
I've been using, and very happy with, a Ram Mount X-grip along with the rubber "web grip" holder: http://tinyurl.com/y8fp54u8 This is secure on the trail and the price is reasonable.
I second this recommendation. Best mount I've ever used. Surprisingly sturdy and strong. Your phone ain't going anywhere even over rough roads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts