TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to bring a 1987 back to life as a project for my son and I. Buying needed parts used and new as I find we need them. Looking for the metal bracket that mounts to the forks so the headlight can be mounted. Only found one on EBay so thought I would ask the group if anyone has one laying around that they are interested in selling. Feel free to respond or PM me.

Thanks very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah, eBay can be hit or miss for sure. For what it’s worth, it’s like $40 on Partzilla brand new. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got one (from a blue '87, in fact!). I'll dig the bike out tomorrow and see what kind of shape it is in and get some pics for you. Anything else that you need while I am at it?

Brian
Thanks Brian. Mounting bolts would be great as well. Have the metal bracket around the light itself so assume that is all I would need along w bracket to mount.

Next project is turn signals. Haven’t really looked for them but if you have them would be interested as well.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
790 Posts
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/1987/trailway-tw200t/steering

To make sure i'm looking for the right part, I think what I need is #16 in diagram. Please let me know if that is not it.
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2005/tw200-tw200t1/steering Part 13. $41.99 Ships in 2-3 days. I am pretty sure that is the same part as 16 from 1987, looks the same to me, but I am not 100% positive. Maybe someone can confirm. But, if TW-Brian has one, that may be your best bet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Thanks Brian. Mounting bolts would be great as well. Have the metal bracket around the light itself so assume that is all I would need along w bracket to mount.

Next project is turn signals. Haven’t really looked for them but if you have them would be interested as well.

Thanks again.
Here is what I can offer you. The bracket appears to be straight, could use a shot of spray paint before you mount it. The front turn signals have some sun fading of the plastics but all wiring, connectors and boots are there and even one of the bulbs lights up! All mounting hardware is included. (Sorry, but I don't have any rear turn signals for you :().

PMme with your address and I will get them sent off to you.

Brian

IMG_1470.JPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts