TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For my Retro-TW. I have several take off parts* from the 1989 to trade for,or purchase out right. My source coil is dead.

Landser

* Uncut wiring harness,speedo,starter,plastic,airbox,etc.(Everything removed when building the Retro-TW).

·
Registered
572 Posts
Update please.
BTW: I really like that Hodaka style air filter. I think that is the main item that really sets your bike apart from all the others. Could you please post some close-ups of it front, and back?
PS: you really should put some sort of air filter on your crankcase breather tube.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
RE: stator

Thank you Skyking,for your comments. Actually,I was thinking of those great Pentons and Husqvarnas (rather than the iconic little Hodaka) when fabbing the a/c assembly. The basis for the a/c was a spare John Deere garden tractor a/c,heavily modified as the pics show.....

Ya know,it's kinda interesting that the a/c ,rather than the exhaust system caught your attention (first).....you're not the first person to do that. It's interesting to me,because the ex. system involved far more time/effort and,IMO,has much more 'visual impact' (and is a big improvement over the regular OEM system.....

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$20-ish ??!!??!! I must be watchin' a different Ebay.....never seen (a used) one that inexpensive.....

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Yeah, it was listed as Buy It Now for $20 something, and shipping was $6.75 I think. I was going to buy it just to have as backup for that price, but it sold in under 3 hours. Save a search on ebay, and set it to get an email notification when there's a new listing. I do this for stuff I'm looking for. Also, search in ALL categories, and try different search words. This listing didn't say stator anywhere in the listing. It was listed as TW200 Electric Part. Sometimes people don't list items in the correct category, or don't even know what the correct name to use in listing. You have to weed through a lot of crap, but sometimes you find what you need. I find a lot of deals this way because they aren't found by so many.....;)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thank you Skyking,for your comments. Actually,I was thinking of those great Pentons and Husqvarnas (rather than the iconic little Hodaka) when fabbing the a/c assembly. The basis for the a/c was a spare John Deere garden tractor a/c,heavily modified as the pics show.....

Ya know,it's kinda interesting that the a/c ,rather than the exhaust system caught your attention (first).....you're not the first person to do that. It's interesting to me,because the ex. system involved far more time/effort and,IMO,has much more 'visual impact' (and is a big improvement over the regular OEM system.....
I did notice the pipe, and I like it a lot; but the air cleaner is big, bright, round, and in your face, whereas the pipe is flat black, and tucked in out to the way. I can't wait to hear it run.
I'm thinking I'm going to steal some of your ideas this winter when I go through my bike again. You've really done a nice job.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts