TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
There was a brief discussion on Wolfman/Nelson Rigg bags. While theres no argument Wolfman are great bags it was my contention their more than double the price was not justified. So I finally got around to ordering and got the bags installed. The issue most have with nelson riggs is their straps and how they attach, not the bags themselves. Ill agree with that but the better straps and attach points doesnt justify an extra 242 bucks (saddle and tail bags). I used my savings to buy a few rok straps that will be holding everything on.

I wanted to do what most do to help the bags keep there shape by putting trash can liners in them. Couldnt find where people did it with NRs but many that did it to WMs, went to Walmart and bought 2 of those cans. Got home and they slipped in with an inch or two to spare all the way around it.........damm, too small. Looked online and sure enough the NRs are 8 liters larger per bag than the WMs, so for less than half the price you get more bag :) Took a bag to Walmart with me, should have seen the looks I got trying to shove different trash cans inside a bag I brought in :)

Cant use the rok straps with an empty bag so will only use them when actually loaded. First thing I noticed.................damm that TWs wide now :)

The bags will stay mounted, my use of the TWs is probably a little different than most. Its my adventure bike. I wont be using it purely for trail riding or commuting, just adventuring. I also got the dry duffle tail bag not shown.

Super Moderator
There was a brief discussion on Wolfman/Nelson Rigg bags. While theres no argument Wolfman are great bags it was my contention their more than double the price was not justified. So I finally got around to ordering and got the bags installed. The issue most have with nelson riggs is their straps and how they attach, not the bags themselves. Ill agree with that but the better straps and attach points doesnt justify an extra 242 bucks (saddle and tail bags). I used my savings to buy a few rok straps that will be holding everything on.

I wanted to do what most do to help the bags keep there shape by putting trash can liners in them. Couldnt find where people did it with NRs but many that did it to WMs, went to Walmart and bought 2 of those cans. Got home and they slipped in with an inch or two to spare all the way around it.........damm, too small. Looked online and sure enough the NRs are 8 liters larger per bag than the WMs, so for less than half the price you get more bag :) Took a bag to Walmart with me, should have seen the looks I got trying to shove different trash cans inside a bag I brought in :)

Cant use the rok straps with an empty bag so will only use them when actually loaded. First thing I noticed.................damm that TWs wide now :)

The bags will stay mounted, my use of the TWs is probably a little different than most. Its my adventure bike. I wont be using it purely for trail riding or commuting, just adventuring. I also got the dry duffle tail bag not shown.

Those look great bro!!

Registered
Go man Go! I love when someone puts function over being fashionable! I keep pondering about
fabbing up a metal "basket" pannier rig such that one could place any sort of bag/cargo. With a
lid perhaps so stuff would be securish. Such a unit might also serve as a crash bar.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5

Registered
Don't mean to revive an old thread, but I am curious how your bags are holding up and if you would purchase again? I have the top bag and love it, but want side bags as well. Are you using Cyclerack bag supports?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Truth be told since my GF broke her leg (all healed now) weve done very little off road riding. Ive used them twice..........and I didnt fall :) So, cant really comment on their toughness. The main complaints Ive seen on line are about the crossover straps ripping. So, to make sure that didnt happen to mine I put a rok strap around each one. I have the tinman bag supports for the cyclerack. Im a cheap bastard so yes I would buy again, just cant justify twice the cost of a wolfman set.

Registered
Any chance the sku is still on the bottom of the trash cans you use inside of them? It will save me from having to search for a fit!

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Ill check later today. Yeah kinda sucked, I bought 2 other sets before I found one that would fit.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
1 - 12 of 12 Posts