TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

· Premium Member
185 Posts
Sort of like when someone sued McDonalds because they didnt have a warning that the coffee they served was actually hot and could burn you.
Haha I know it's low lying fruit but did you ever look into that case? McDonalds kept their coffee at nearly 200F on purpose because people couldn't drink it fast enough to get free refills. That's why an old lady got third degree burns to her groin and was bedridden for 3 weeks... because McD's wanted to save $20 in coffee a day. Isn't that crazy?

If we're dreaming I'd put a tach with clock compass and ambient air temp.
I can tell the time of day and my direction from the sun and the moon, and the air temperature from the wind in my face! I don't need such silly things on my dashboard ;)

Are y'alls indicator relays the quiet model or something?
Mine don't click on my 2007. They're completely silent, factory relay. I can hear the relay plain as day on my Grom though. With my helmet on. 20 feet away :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
1999 TW200
110 Posts
I just want a turn signal switch that I can 'push to cancel' instead of having to move it back to the center! Bikes have had this sense the70s, all my other Yamahas have it, Why not the TW? Has anyone found a decent aftermarket?

· Registered
1999 TW200
110 Posts
Haha I know it's low lying fruit but did you ever look into that case? McDonalds kept their coffee at nearly 200F on purpose because people couldn't drink it fast enough to get free refills. That's why an old lady got third degree burns to her groin and was bedridden for 3 weeks... because McD's wanted to save $20 in coffee a day. Isn't that crazy?

I can tell the time of day and my direction from the sun and the moon, and the air temperature from the wind in my face! I don't need such silly things on my dashboard ;)

Mine don't click on my 2007. They're completely silent, factory relay. I can hear the relay plain as day on my Grom though. With my helmet on. 20 feet away :ROFLMAO:
Mine don't click on my '99 either (thank goodness). Also factory relay.

· Registered
2,454 Posts
I just want a turn signal switch that I can 'push to cancel' instead of having to move it back to the center! Bikes have had this sense the70s, all my other Yamahas have it, Why not the TW? Has anyone found a decent aftermarket?
My 2018 pushes to cancel. Maybe a part upgrade is in order.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,041 Posts
Must've been another 2001 onward thing. My 2015 turn signal is push to cancel. I have two bikes with push to cancel and two bikes without. Sometimes I just beep the horn instead of turning off my signals...

· Super Moderator
2004 TW200
483 Posts
My 2004, you just push the switch in to cancel.

· Registered
2,114 Posts
Sorry, I hadn't read all the other replies before commenting above, so just deleted it. Like NorthernSpy said....must've been a change beginning in '01. My '17 has it, as did my '09'er.

May just need to upgrade to an '01 or newer model, and you'll have it, along with the bigger stator, hydraulic front disc, etc. Lets wait to confirm first though.😁

· Registered
1999 TW200
110 Posts
Sorry, I hadn't read all the other replies before commenting above, so just deleted it. Like NorthernSpy said....must've been a change beginning in '01. My '17 has it, as did my '09'er.

May just need to upgrade to an '01 or newer model, and you'll have it, along with the bigger stator, hydraulic front disc, etc. Lets wait to confirm first though.😁
And no kick starter!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts