TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

· Super Moderator
2004 TW200
483 Posts
If the push button cancel is something you really want, that should be an easy part to find on any of the normal places like ebay ect... Maybe even post up a "want to Buy' here in our classifieds. No doubt that there are some take-offs sitting around from riders turning their TD's into all dirt use. Make sure it's the early 2000's and on.

· Premium Member
185 Posts
Mine don't click on my '99 either (thank goodness). Also factory relay.
Hazcat, I might have a spare cluster with push to cancel from a 01+ in my bag of "shit I will never use" but shipping from Canada might make your stomach turn lol. It would be an easy mod if you wanted to wire in your old pigtail. Keep an eye out on eBay as well for spares.

· Registered
2009 TW200 with XT225 Six Speed, kickstart and more. 2013 TW200 stock. 2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
164 Posts
The cluster on the right we have that has LEDs for neutral, high beam, and indicators; it's completely pointless in my opinion.
View attachment 233325

You can tell when you are in neutral as the bike will not drive... you should know whether you are in neutral or not without looking at a light.

You can tell if you have high beam on by the position of the switch and the intensity of your headlight.

You can tell if you are indicating by the flashing indicator in front of you or the clicking sound.

I dont understand why we have this cluster. Is it a legal thing?
Sorry, I may be old and deaf but I also think that a blinker indicator along with always on headlights are about the most important safety features on any bike. Cars are going to pull out in front of you anyways because the drivers brain is looking for other cars no bikes. Why more than double that chance if they think you’re turning before them? Of all bikes in my opinion of course, the TW needs it most of all … loud revs and vibrations at anything over 45mph, small profile, a good quiet helmet (hopefully) , no power to get out of certain situations, those awesome brakes!!
Sorry but that statement gave me instant flashbacks of 30yrs in Fire/Rescue in which we rolled the Engine and Ambulance on every MVA.
Saw way too many T-bones. The stories I could tell …. and I wasn’t even in a very busy response area most of the time.

· Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I've never heard my blinkers ?
They click ?
Course I'm Deaf . 80% Deaf, without hearing Aids.
And hearing aids stink.
I can hear everything...I don't want to hear.
I think my indicator relay must have been resting on the frame or something... as almost everyone in this thread says theirs are quiet.

· Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Sorry, I may be old and deaf but I also think that a blinker indicator along with always on headlights are about the most important safety features on any bike. Cars are going to pull out in front of you anyways because the drivers brain is looking for other cars no bikes. Why more than double that chance if they think you’re turning before them? Of all bikes in my opinion of course, the TW needs it most of all … loud revs and vibrations at anything over 45mph, small profile, a good quiet helmet (hopefully) , no power to get out of certain situations, those awesome brakes!!
Sorry but that statement gave me instant flashbacks of 30yrs in Fire/Rescue in which we rolled the Engine and Ambulance on every MVA.
Saw way too many T-bones. The stories I could tell …. and I wasn’t even in a very busy response area most of the time.
I understand this, thanks for your input. I've always been comfortable with being able to see the indicator itself flashing, but from what everyone has said here I think I will wire an LED and place it somewhere near the indicator switch.

· Registered
98 Posts
The cluster on the right we have that has LEDs for neutral, high beam, and indicators; it's completely pointless in my opinion.
View attachment 233325

You can tell when you are in neutral as the bike will not drive... you should know whether you are in neutral or not without looking at a light.

You can tell if you have high beam on by the position of the switch and the intensity of your headlight.

You can tell if you are indicating by the flashing indicator in front of you or the clicking sound.

How about all of the new riders that need those features?

· Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
How about all of the new riders that need those features?
Yes I realise my post was dumb as a blanket statement.

I was hanging out in my shed at 2am going through my TW parts and thinking about how I want to rebuild it. I didnt want to put the cluster back on as I feel the space could be better utilised

· Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Here in the UK indicators on bikes are not mandatory (if you dont have an indicator switch or pillion footpegs). I ride bikes without mirrors, indicators, speedo etc. I just felt this cluster was a huge plastic block that I didnt need.

I do hand signals every time even on bikes with indicators. I always look over my shoulder before moving positions in my lane or moving from that lane.

I feel this is safer for me than relying on mirrors and lights etc.

· Registered
87 Posts
View attachment 233325

View attachment 233325

I ride plenty of old bikes where those indicators are inop or don't exist so I don't NEED them but mine work on my TW and I'm glad I have them. Also I have to hunt for N (something with the trans, not that I'm an idiot) so I actually appreciate the light.

Also for the blinkers, if the sun is shining on them I can't tell if they're blinking or not but I have a tinted mini windscreen that shades my indicators so it's one place to check for blinkers instead of two.

Differ'nt strokes...

Sent from the demons in my head
hr
Here in the UK indicators on bikes are not mandatory (if you dont have an indicator switch or pillion footpegs). I ride bikes without mirrors, indicators, speedo etc. I just felt this cluster was a huge plastic block that I didnt need.

I do hand signals every time even on bikes with indicators. I always look over my shoulder before moving positions in my lane or moving from that lane.

I feel this is safer for me than relying on mirrors and lights etc.
In Arizona where the sun unfortunately shines bright every day, the stock indicator bulbs are difficult to see. I replaced the 3 indicator lights with LED equivalent bulbs from superbrightleds.com & can easily see all three in the sunny daylight. If you night ride they might even bother you.

· Registered
2003 TW
56 Posts
Second that on the LED bulb upgrades from superbrightleds.com. They make a special non-polarized green LED for the turn signal socket. Turned a dangerously dim turn signal indicator in the daytime to a useful one even in bright sunlight.

The socket polarity is reversed in the turn signal position as an FYI. Requires a special non-polarized bulb.

As an additional FYI, with LEDs it’s always best to match the color of the bulb with the color of the lens.

· Registered
2008 TW200
40 Posts
Take note with the LED upgrade - one of the sockets may have reverse polarity, so check with your volt meter. Incadesants do not care about reverse polarity. LED do!

Simple fix though. Easy as going down the harness and swapping some pins in a connector. Use a needle to release the pin.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts