TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been banging my head on this one for a couple days now.

I have a 2000 TW with the neutral indicator lighting opposite of what it should. Everything works as expected except the light.

In neutral (light off), bike starts.
In gear (light on), bike does not start.

Verified the switch is working properly using a multimeter; in neutral reads "0" / in gear reads "~".

No idea what to check here. The indicator is using the light blue wire (I have a trail tech) as was the original bulb. I'm at a loss for what to check next.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum!! You've found the right place for help. Where are you from by the way? I think your bike is just fine. They have a neutral safety switch, a clutch safety switch and a kickstand safety switch. Unless you bypass these, it seems to be operating as it should for safety.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Vegas. Lurked around for basic troubleshooting but this one's got me stumped.

I typed that out wrong (corrected it in original post). When the bikes in neutral, the light's off. Comes on in gear. Weird thing is besides the light, all the nannies work properly.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Ahhh, I see. Sounds like something is hooked up backwards. Did it just start doing it? Have you had the left side cover off the crankcase by any chance. Could it be a pinched wire? Sorry I can't help, but I am sure someone will be along to help you better than I. Good luck, please keep us posted bro.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My guess is it's wired incorrectly or the TT has options for positive or negative inputs.
Well, I fixed it. And that's exactly what it was. I had the wires at the LED mixed. I was using the light blue harness wire along with a separate ground. I moved my ground to the brown harness wire and it's perfect now.

Funny thing about typing stuff out is it makes you think things through a second (or sixth time). Appreciate the help and look forward to being more active around there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts