TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my neutral light on my tw 125 2003 has stopped working it comes on but doesn’t turn off when I change gear also now my bike won’t start unless the side stand is up and the clutch is pulled in does anyone know what going and how to sort both problems are they linked ? Thanks for any help in advance

·
Super Moderator
5,631 Posts
Yup – it’s all to do with the safety cut-outs

Start looking for a bad connection or a short – as it stands it’s all working backwards

I’d start off proceedings with the ignition on, the engine off, and the bike in gear with the sidestand down – you need fiddle about with it until you get that neutral light to go out

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The neutral light is always energized with the key on.
The switch completes the circuit to ground.
The neutral switch may be failing or have poor/intermittent connection of the wire to the switch.

If neutral is not detected, the fail-safe is to have the clutch pulled-in / side-stand up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Recently my neutral light on my tw 125 2003 has stopped working it comes on but doesn’t turn off when I change gear also now my bike won’t start unless the side stand is up and the clutch is pulled in does anyone know what going and how to sort both problems are they linked ? Thanks for any help in advance
Did you ever figure out this issue? I'm having the same problem.

·
Registered
20,808 Posts
Look for a short to ground, or a pinch causing wire leads to touch each other between neutral light bulb and neutral switch on lower engine left side. I would focus on wire leads near engine and around seat/frame junction.

Reactions: TWBigBlake

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look for a short to ground, or a pinch causing wire leads to touch each other between neutral light bulb and neutral switch on lower engine left side. I would focus on wire leads near engine and around seat/frame junction.
No such luck. I tried a new neutral relay......still not working.

The neutral light came on after a ride today. It started normally. I was pumped!!!! I went into first gear then back to neutral.....bam, broke again.

Does the diode above the CDI with the blue/black and blue/white wires have anything to do with the neutral safety/light?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts