TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the neutral switch on the bike.
Is there anything I need to be aware of or is it just plug & play?

Reactions: TWilight

·
Super Moderator
18,384 Posts
Is it leaking? Plug and Play. Only be very careful not to pinch the wires putting the case cover back on, but I'm sure you know that... ;)

Reactions: maddawgj

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
I forget -- do you have to take the cover off to change it ?

P1300824.JPG

Maybe the cover has to come off to get to the screw?

·
Registered
14,022 Posts
I think the neutral safety switch is under the left side cover as I see a cover bolt hole below the N Safety Switch, so I would have a left side cover gasket on hand.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not leaking, but I did something to it while replacing the lights on my dashboard. It no longer indicates when I'm in neutral, the bike won't start unless I have the kickstand up, and it flashes whenever I switch gears. I remember reading in another thread that the culprit was probably the neutral switch, so ordered one. If it doesn't fix the problem... oh well, I'll try something else and will have a $17 new part on the bike. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
And did changing of a switch work out for you?
I have a problem with mine neutral light and cannot figure it out if the problem is the switch or elsewhere. What is the part number?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's not leaking, but I did something to it while replacing the lights on my dashboard. It no longer indicates when I'm in neutral, the bike won't start unless I have the kickstand up, and it flashes whenever I switch gears. I remember reading in another thread that the culprit was probably the neutral switch, so ordered one. If it doesn't fix the problem... oh well, I'll try something else and will have a $17 new part on the bike. ;)
Did that fix it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts