TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Treated my KLR650 to a new lithium battery, rear brake pads, and a new rear tire. I cleaned up the sprocket, rim inside and out, chain guard, and everything else that gets dirty from chain lube and dirt. Got the new tire mounted on the rim, balanced, and re-installed on the bike. Started picking up the tools and saw the rim strip from the KLR hanging off the handlebar of the TW! AArrgghh!! So, I had the pleasure of mounting a stiff knobby tire twice tonight. Winter must have made my mind a little rusty. Hope I can get the gas and oil in the right holes.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Treated my KLR650 to a new lithium battery, rear brake pads, and a new rear tire. I cleaned up the sprocket, rim inside and out, chain guard, and everything else that gets dirty from chain lube and dirt. Got the new tire mounted on the rim, balanced, and re-installed on the bike. Started picking up the tools and saw the rim strip from the KLR hanging off the handlebar of the TW! AArrgghh!! So, I had the pleasure of mounting a stiff knobby tire twice tonight. Winter must have made my mind a little rusty. Hope I can get the gas and oil in the right holes.
What is a "rim strip"?

Tom

·
Super Moderator
18,001 Posts
Don't ya just hate when stuff like that happens?? :D

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Ah jeeze...once a year is plenty!
But twice in a day? Somebody just shoot me...

·
Super Moderator
18,001 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Been there done that.. Not a rim strip but the same stomach dropping feeling from other stuff I'd rather not remember:) I just hate that feeling!

·
Super Moderator
18,001 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just love tubeless tires.......
I do to but it's easier breaking the bead or getting the bead to seat with tube type tires and all my bikes have tube type tires anyhow, with the exception of the side car tire. With tubeless, there is no "yippeee" moment when you air up and realize you got the tire on without pinching the tube.:D

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Moab 2015 had a member show up with his tubeless Duro mounted up using a 3M sealant to seal off the spokes. He was happy w/o any annoying issues like spoke adjustment or leaks after three years or so. I was impressed. No tube means much easier trailside flat repairs

1 - 20 of 21 Posts