TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ya know a Lady can’t have too many shoes, and I’ve been hinting that Betty Boop's Duro is getting a little round in the heels...
Well look what showed up today.

Looks like it should spoon right on in no time.

Especially if I use this fancy tire changing stand I found out in the garden

Don’t tell my darling wife for she likes to keep it full of clean water for her birds and deer.

Actually this post is a total tease. Despite looking like they would fit the new tires are for the tractor. Guess TW=Tractor Wheel in this case.

Pretty neat but not DOT. Maybe I should save and mount up one of the take-offs and stud it for winter snow and ice.

P.S. MADE IN AMERICA

·
Registered
20,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No, but it is tempting.
However I got the spare rim to donate the hub for a 12 inch trailer wheel conversion.
I am tempted to experiment with something like this 13 pound Duro Sand & Mud tire. in a 23 x 12 x 8 Duro sand tire.jpg

·
Registered
20,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Used my new manual tire machine to mount those tractor tires today. They definitely have a stouter and deeper bead structure than a passenger car or motorcycle tire so it was a hearty introduction to the joys of larger tire mounting including copious amounts of lubrication and swearing. A lot of bead trimming would be required to mount the tractor tire on a TW rim.
Still better than paying $30 labor a tire plus taxes, fees , surcharges and disposal costs quoted at local tire shop to get the tractor rolling again on fresh rubber. Besides I needed the arm and intellectual excercise. Now with the machine I can finally get around to removing the year old nail in Betty Boop’s Duro and perhaps use SkinWalker’s Urethane spoke sealant and go tubeless.:rolleyes: My local bike store wants $25 to just break down the tire and will not re-use any patched tube. Seems like escalating labor costs are justifying investment in some new tools and skills.

·
Registered
20,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
NOh, it is just an entry level Harbor Freight unit mounted on a pallet, less than $40 with a 20% off coupon. Paired with some of their 20” tire spoons as well as a few dollars of fasteners it gets the job done for a total investment around $55.
HF calls it a “machine”, I consider it more of a “stand”. The bead breaker works rather well but the additional 20” tire irons really helped to lever those stiff carcasses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts