TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Yeah Baby!!! :D
With very little thought and a whole lot of research, I purchased a new 2017 TW 200 and will pick it up this Saturday!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Woo hoo congrats.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No way they're still making the same bike after 30 years. Seriously? Darn thing still has a carburetor. Somebody pinch me 'cause I must be dreaming.

Bike is stupid simple. That's all there is to it. Recipe for success. :cool:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No way they're still making the same bike after 30 years. Seriously? Darn thing still has a carburetor. Somebody pinch me 'cause I must be dreaming.

Bike is stupid simple. That's all there is to it. Recipe for success. :cool:
Different bike 30 years later.....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Enjoy, I like the 2017 color and graphics! Front tire, handgaurds and 2" bar risers and you are ready to start figuring out what other farkles you need (want?)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Enjoy, I like the 2017 color and graphics! Front tire, handgaurds and 2" bar risers and you are ready to start figuring out what other farkles you need (want?)
I already ordered a new front tire, LED bulbs, skid plate, rear rack, ride on fluid, tire spoons and an above the headlight front rack. Now if I can just find a wind deflector that is not too high but throws the air flow over my head and not too tall as to cut me in half when I fly over the handle bars! I do need risers but have not found what I wanted yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
don't forget the larger foot pegs, the ATV bars, double take mirrors and seat concepts cover......it never ends unless you have a wife :)
Unless it is the wife's bike and she wants certain farkles. Then one must see if the bank account approves. Really hard to have self control when I'm going "ooh, look, shiny!" and she's going "well, why haven't you ordered that for me yet?" :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
I already ordered a new front tire, LED bulbs, skid plate, rear rack, ride on fluid, tire spoons and an above the headlight front rack. Now if I can just find a wind deflector that is not too high but throws the air flow over my head and not too tall as to cut me in half when I fly over the handle bars! I do need risers but have not found what I wanted yet.
Which skid plate and rear rack did you go with, if you don't mind my asking? Our property where most of the riding will happen is pretty rough and rocky, so I'm tempted to get a beefier skidplate sooner rather than later. That little tin shield underneath ours doesn't look like it would survive one good rock hit.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went with the flat rack from cycle racks and I got a richoche? skid plate from a member here that has a few to sell. I know what you mean about the stock flimsy factory skid plate. The one I bought also helps protect the side case bottoms as well and that is why I bought it. I purchased the skid plate from PlacierLode.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts