TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2014 new and Montezuma his 2015 from these folks and both got "Out the Door" prices and some freebees...including stock Racks and items thrown in, gloves, etc....Honda East backs up their sales and no I'm not working for them, but it appears with riding season on the way, they are prepared to "Make You a Deal" if you are within driving distance...I live 85 or so miles south of their location and don't regret one bit that I purchased from them:

https://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/Honda-East-733712/listing/2017-Yamaha-TW200-118830709

Honda East Toledo | Proud Dealer of New & Used Honda, Suzuki, Can-am, Artic Cat, Yamaha, Victory, Ski-Doo, Brutus, Kawazaki, Polaris, Seadoo products in Maumee, Ohio

·
Registered
779 Posts
I dealt with them when I lived in Toledo and thought they were good too. They do a big volume, lots of people from Metro Detroit but from them. Since my newest bike is currently my 02 TW, I haven't been to the dealers much recently!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@$4039 for a 17, this is below the Manufacturer List of $4,500 ish last year for the 16's.
Check out the Web Site...they have a new 2016 listed at $60 more $4099, than the 2017.... I remember when I purchased mine, I was looking at a New 2013...they had one left but sold me the 2014 for about $100 less than the 13 new one was....go figure? I'm sure they would have come down if I had demanded the 2013...but I liked the color on the 14 better anyway :cool:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Funny how dealer flooring works, but they can have less into a newer motorcycle (or car or anything else floor financed). I think they sometimes sell what they can at higher margins and hope the manufacturer rep makes them a deal just to get it off the dealers floor. Either way, sounds like it is a good time to buy a TW.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
The dealer who sells his stock quickest is the winner. The longer a bike sits in his warehouse or on his sales floor the more he has in it. In other words, a left over 2016 that he has had for a year has in fact cost him more than a brand new, just delivered 2017. At some point the manufacturer might give the dealer an incentive to dump his leftover stock usually in the form of giving the dealer newer units at a reduced prices or in additional advertising dollars. In my shop, the day the new model year units hit our floor the leftover units were reduced by $300 so if a new 2017 was say $4500 the leftover 2016s would be $4200. When you see a dealer who has a few leftover 2016s he should be more than willing to make a deal to get them gone. If that same dealer still has a few leftover 2015 or even 2014 models then he is a loser and just being stupid like the one I worked for. We had a giant warehouse loaded with new ATVs and some were 5 years old and had never even been prepped.

GaryL

·
Registered
60 Posts
I called 2 dealers in Iowa here. First was very close by, it was nearly $6 with all prep fees and etc tacked on. But you better buy now, we hardly can get them! Yeah..
Yet I can drive 4 hours or so to Wisconsin, same bike, very few fees, about $4300 or less. Would I drive 8 hours to save nearly two grand??? Yes.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I called 2 dealers in Iowa here. First was very close by, it was nearly $6 with all prep fees and etc tacked on. But you better buy now, we hardly can get them! Yeah..
Yet I can drive 4 hours or so to Wisconsin, same bike, very few fees, about $4300 or less. Would I drive 8 hours to save nearly two grand??? Yes.
When ever you call a dealer seeking a price you are pretty sure to get the top dollar number which is basically the MSRP plus tax, title and set up fees added on. If the dealer is close by then why not go in like a serious buyer and do some haggling to see what you can buy it for. You can always say no and go for that 8 hour drive to save $2K. I always considered it a waste of my and my salesman's time to quote prices over the phone to people I never met and never once came into my shop.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I was at the local Yamaha dealer and the price was the same once you do the Canadian US dollar conversion.
$5400 X 0.748 = $4039.20

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
6 Posts
my local dealership had a 2017 tw200 priced at $5700 OTD...(4600+ freight , prep, Assembly, doc ,fee, the list went on) for a grand total of $5700...I obviously said no deal!.. and bought a (Hardly) used 2015 with only 225 miles on it for 4K otd ,I was happy with my purchase and the dealership for having a nice used one in stock!

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D
my local dealership had a 2017 tw200 priced at $5700 OTD...(4600+ freight , prep, Assembly, doc ,fee, the list went on) for a grand total of $5700...I obviously said no deal!.. and bought a (Hardly) used 2015 with only 225 miles on it for 4K otd ,I was happy with my purchase and the dealership for having a nice used one in stock!

·
Registered
8 Posts
"I am feeling good about the new 2016 I got this week for $3497 (and then they took another $150+ off my out the door price) . They were just done with him, it was a big dealer and they wanted floor space I guess."

Hmm. He have any more? I'm going down to SD later this summer and he's $500 less than my local guy...

·
Registered
40 Posts
check cycletrader, the pic is of my ad. Honestly I took a screen shot bc I wondered if it was a bait and switch which it was not (yes of course they wanted to sell me a more expensive bike when I got there, yes when they wrote up the sale they had the wrong price...which they corrected). They did not have another 2016, only a 2017 for MSRP. Check the bikefinds.com site...it picks up all new and used bikes.
fullsizeoutput_21d.jpeg

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
check cycletrader, the pic is of my ad. Honestly I took a screen shot bc I wondered if it was a bait and switch which it was not (yes of course they wanted to sell me a more expensive bike when I got there, yes when they wrote up the sale they had the wrong price...which they corrected). They did not have another 2016, only a 2017 for MSRP. Check the bikefinds.com site...it picks up all new and used bikes.
View attachment 92177
Great Price, especially out in the Land of Taxes....

Reactions: littletommy
1 - 19 of 19 Posts