TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Great, just great... it was already a fat enough pig (but beautiful).
I've already had my share of helping folks pick them up. Guess I'll work on some extra upper-body reps.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
So I shouldnt bring my 1150GS to the Pine Barrens next time? LOL!
NO, NO, please don't. Unless you are bringing some big and burly BMW GS riders with you. I ain't gett'in any younger ya know.
Plus, you have a perfectly fit & able TW that will get you anyplace a GS will get you... eventually.

Kidding aside, I love GS's, especially the older ones. Great long-term and long-range riders than can veer off into the woods for bit of fun and camping.
But there are limitations with some of the stuff we do no matter how many "riding around the world on a motorcycle" films you see/watch.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I can't imagine it being a whole lot lighter than the 1,000. If it's only like 20 pounds lighter, it's not worth giving up the power of the larger motor. A 650 or 700 would make at least a little more sense. They could use the NC700 motor. Of course, such a machine would most likely still be over 450 pounds... Anything over 400 isn't usable on anything but fire roads, IMO. I mean sure, it's POSSIBLE to do technical off road stuff on a 1300 or whatever, but the first time you drop it on your leg in the rocks...good luck. Whatever happened to the days when an XR650L was considered a pig LOL?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Exactly!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts