1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
746 Posts
Embrace mandated changes and use it to your advantage.

Eventually lead bullets will be outlawed everywhere.
Fight attempts to mandate changes like this. First we will be left with little choice other than plastic bullets, then they will be decreed "armor piercing" or some such and we will be left with no ammo at all.
Besides that, when .45 bullets are only 118 grains you might as well carry a .22. It amazes me that popular 5.56 loads are going to heavier and heavier bullets (and screw-like rifling to stabilize them) while big bore pistols are using bullet weights you would expect to see in a .32.

Fortunately I have my own shooting range with a backstop aka lead mine, and bullet molds for most of my guns.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I have enough hollow point ammo maybe after I take out a couple hundred intruders I'll buy a box.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Looks interesting. I hand load/reload, however. I could build a fort with ammo and a penthouse on top with bullets primers and powder. I shoot a lot. My favorite pastime. I cast bullets for pistol and have plenty of lead. Until they outlaw lead I'll be OK. Actually even if they do, I have enough that I will still be OK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts