TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The battery in my TW is shot and im looking for a new one. Has anyone used the Fire Power Conventional Battery CB7C-A in their tw200? if not what other cheap batteries will fit. (looking for something with free shipping because I am way out here in Hawaii and looking for one that comes with the acid.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
YES! What Rocky said.
Last AGM I had lasted 7 years.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Agreed, skip the conventional batteries. For the slight up-charge get a sealed AGM. They last longer and don't puke out acid when the bike rolls over for a belly rub. You might run into issues with trying to buy a conventional battery and obviously requiring air shipping with the acid pack. Might force you to buy the "dry" battery and procure acid locally, which is hardly common anymore.

Lithium batteries have considerably come down in price the last couple years. I put a Motobatt lithium in my Beta earlier this year, think it was like $70. It feels like an empty box but spins the bike over so strong the starter is about as fast as it idles.

Motobatt also good AGM's, I had one in my Z1000 for like 5 years in NY and it was still going strong when I sold the bike.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Definitely go with what the Pioneers said Chris. AGM AGM AGM !

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've used Scorpion battery for most of my bikes AGM replacements. Hard to beat the price and free shipping. Never had an issue with any of them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve had a Battery Tender brand lithium battery in my TW for the last six years and it’s still going strong.

·
Registered
19,412 Posts
If you do not have a kick starter then a $70 LiFePO4 battery will seem a bargain the first time ( and every subsequent time) a conventional acid or AGM battery fails, or fails to start the TW, and thus leaves you stranded. Under load the LiFePO4, as well as older simple lithium batteries, exhibit much less voltage drop. Thus the starter spins faster & longer and the entire ignition circuit also suffers less voltage drop. This can start a bike in a poor state of tune that otherwise would not start if powered by a lead acid or AGM battery.
What price is reliability worth?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Truth ^^

·
Registered
264 Posts
Note that if you're wanting to do any off-road riding, you may consider moving away from acid-based batteries altogether. I've taken my TW of some decent trails where my skills on off-road have been tested, thus the bike has ended up tipped over or on it's side. I had much of my original acid dump out over the course of several of those excursions. If you have a non-acid battery, you don't have to worry about that :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts