1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I will look for it when I hit the stores today. I live right on the borders of NY, PA and NJ and we shop in all three states, beer in NY, gas in NJ and groceries and other stuff in PA. Beer stores in each state so I should find it if it is available. I am true blue on Labatt's Blue but will take a 6 home of Guiness Blond and do a taste test for you.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Update! I went to all three beer stores in NY, NJ and PA. All three have signs posted for Guiness Blond. None have seen any yet! Guess we will have to wait until it comes out on DVD! :confused:

GaryL

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Sounds like a $9 a six pack of Miller Lite....when drinking Lager in the Summer I think I will stick to ML or Yuengling Regular Lager

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
We have all kinds of Beer Threads going, but since this is the latest, I will post my latest conquest here....after downing a $7.50 bottle(22 oz) of Southern Tier Pumking last week, I decided to try some of their other fare....but at $10 a six pack I was only going to try one this week and perhaps one the next....so last night after officiating a JV Football game, I grabbed a six pack of the ST Dark Porter, choosing it over the Stout, which I will get next time, ...this stuff is good, but it you could drink it with a spoon....not sure I want to know the Calorie and Carb content...but I give it 4 stars out of 5...:p

So Tier Porter Dark 002.JPG

·
Registered
156 Posts
So far my 2 favorites are Spaten October Fest and Ayinger Altbairisch Dunkel with the last being my current choice.
Have to buy anything over 3.2% at the state liquor store. Prices are higher than they should be. +/- $3 a bottle. Sucks!
Store doesn't even keep it in stock. Lady has to pick it up when she goes up north.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Well, just sitting here sucking my first taste of Guiness Blond! Found it this morning and had to get it good and cold until now. Keep in mind now, I am not a beer conisuier! I like my Labatt's and not many others. Don't consider my report as any informative taste test from one who should know.

Basically it is a smooth and mild beer with the standard lager taste. Similar a bit to a Molson Golden but not as stout. It cost $9 for a six and I would much rather buy a case of Labatt's for $18 and get 28 bottles. I am sure some will like it and I can't say anything bad about it, just not a beer for me.

GaryL

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I wish we had Yuengling in Michigan. Excellent beer for the money. I get beau-coup cases whenever I go to Ohio.:eek:ccasion14:
Just came to Ohio 2 years ago, Indiana last year, I am sure Michigan is next on the Radar.....meanwhile, I'll let you know the next time I am heading to Mesick for the annual Mushroom Hunt and bring you some....:D

Mesick 2009.jpg MVC-047S.jpg MorelMushrooms.jpg

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you guys say $9 a six pack is that including the can bottle redemption fee? we do not have that in AZ. looks a bit high.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
When you guys say $9 a six pack is that including the can bottle redemption fee? we do not have that in AZ. looks a bit high.
The total cost, out the door for me and from a NY discount beer store was an even $10.00.

GaryL

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Miller Lite, Bud, etc, runs about $6 per 6 pack, lower grade, Busch Lite, Nasty Natural Lite, etc, runs somewhat less, craft beers, including Tax run from $8.50 to $12 a six pack depending on type and brewery, here in Ohio...Wisconsin and Indiana are about the same....if you are into craft beer, you will spend more, but with most of them having a higher alcohol content, you usually don't drink as many. My rule of thumb is, if I am going to set out in the back yard after working a double header in the summer heat, I drink Miller Lite, if I am out for a nice Meal, I select a darker craft beer, usually draft...if I am setting home watching the tube or movie on DVD in the cooler months, I drink from a variety of Craft beers, that I usually buy by the bottle or two.

GL Oktoberfest.png

1 - 12 of 12 Posts