·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
I like!

Too bad there aren't bags for the Wee-Strom.
You should be able to throw just about anything over a Vee or a Wee. The mufflers don't get real hot; they are insulated pretty well. Here is a link for some accessories that are available. He lives in my town. His name is Dan; he is a friend of mine. Tell him Tommy sent you... :p

http://vsari.com/index.php?topic=601.0

·
Registered
667 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
You should be able to throw just about anything over a Vee or a Wee. The mufflers don't get real hot; they are insulated pretty well. Here is a link for some accessories that are available. He lives in my town. His name is Dan; he is a friend of mine. Tell him Tommy sent you... :p

http://vsari.com/index.php?topic=601.0

Harder than it looks.

I got some Wally World generic saddlebags off Craigslist, from someone who bought them, kept them around and then decided he didn't want them. $20. The reason, I figured out, that he didn't like them was that the cheap zippers are balky. Big-time. But, lubing with a bar of soap helps some.

They don't have mounting frames; they're supposed to sit high enough that frames aren't necessary. And on the muffler side, that's true. The shield kept the side of the bag cool enough - although the side of the bag scratched up the brushed finish.

It's the OTHER side that's a problem. It really takes some cinching up to keep it high enough to stay out of the wheel. I had to use cam-lock straps, since the generic plastic snaps weren't strong enough. And I had to put Gorrilla Tape on the painted surface to protect it.

It got me through a road trip...but I no like. Those bags work better as Zero luggage, frankly...I'm looking for something better.

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Harder than it looks.

I got some Wally World generic saddlebags off Craigslist, from someone who bought them, kept them around and then decided he didn't want them. $20. The reason, I figured out, that he didn't like them was that the cheap zippers are balky. Big-time. But, lubing with a bar of soap helps some.

They don't have mounting frames; they're supposed to sit high enough that frames aren't necessary. And on the muffler side, that's true. The shield kept the side of the bag cool enough - although the side of the bag scratched up the brushed finish.

It's the OTHER side that's a problem. It really takes some cinching up to keep it high enough to stay out of the wheel. I had to use cam-lock straps, since the generic plastic snaps weren't strong enough. And I had to put Gorrilla Tape on the painted surface to protect it.

It got me through a road trip...but I no like. Those bags work better as Zero luggage, frankly...I'm looking for something better.
He does make the bracket to protect the side without the muffler. I have mufflers on both sides so don't need the bracket. He makes a couple nice items. I have highway pegs and rear passenger rest from Dan and love them. He has great prices and is a real nice guy to.

·
Registered
762 Posts
He does make the bracket to protect the side without the muffler. I have mufflers on both sides so don't need the bracket. He makes a couple nice items. I have highway pegs and rear passenger rest from Dan and love them. He has great prices and is a real nice guy to.
Can you put up a pic, and measurements? I talked to a local welder...the price he gave me for a rack, from stock tubing, would have been several hundred dollars.

If it's close to the right size I can fabricate a mount with flat-iron from the hardware store. Simple metal butchery I can do; but I can't bend and weld tubing.

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Can you put up a pic, and measurements? I talked to a local welder...the price he gave me for a rack, from stock tubing, would have been several hundred dollars.

If it's close to the right size I can fabricate a mount with flat-iron from the hardware store. Simple metal butchery I can do; but I can't bend and weld tubing.
http://vsari.com/index.php?topic=601.0 Can you view these pics and prices?

·
Registered
762 Posts
The prices are reasonable but it's an older post - and some stuff is noted as discontinued.

I can't really see exact layout. CORRECTION - I see only the tube storage device is discontinued.

Now I have to decide...to call or not. It's not the ideal time for me to be buying farkles...but obviously he wants to either sell or close out.

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
The prices are reasonable but it's an older post - and some stuff is noted as discontinued.

I can't really see exact layout. CORRECTION - I see only the tube storage device is discontinued.

Now I have to decide...to call or not. It's not the ideal time for me to be buying farkles...but obviously he wants to either sell or close out.
It seemed to me that when I was looking for stuff for my Vee, there wasn't a lot of things out there and what I did find seemed to be pretty highly priced. I think Dan has great prices and he was local; give him a call, he's a nice guy. He did highway pegs for me and a passenger backrest. He does have the bracket and plastic piece that will shield the bags from going into the wheelwell for you.

·
Registered
762 Posts
It seemed to me that when I was looking for stuff for my Vee, there wasn't a lot of things out there and what I did find seemed to be pretty highly priced. I think Dan has great prices and he was local; give him a call, he's a nice guy. He did highway pegs for me and a passenger backrest. He does have the bracket and plastic piece that will shield the bags from going into the wheelwell for you.
Yeah...I've decided.

I got those saddlebags for a $30 savings. And If I need another pair, and I will, they're disposable, that's still only another $50 if I buy them new.

So...I can afford the fifty bucks.

Now I gotta get money into my PayPal account with the banks closed....

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Yeah...I've decided.

I got those saddlebags for a $30 savings. And If I need another pair, and I will, they're disposable, that's still only another $50 if I buy them new.

So...I can afford the fifty bucks.

Now I gotta get money into my PayPal account with the banks closed....
Now look what you did...:eek: Now I went and ordered a pair of those saddlebags... :rolleyes:
:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts