TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the present time all my funds are devoted to buying a new house. Depending on how much of my savings will disappear down that hole, I might think about a new bike.
If so, I will most likely defect to the enemy. I have had 3 TWs now and am looking favorably at a Van Van. I have had good luck with all five Suzukis I have owned and the Van van has a lot about it I like. The saddle looks to be far more comfortable than the TW for starters. Suzukis 200CC DR is a proven thing, I would feel better with a carburator but that's just the luddite in me. I hae owned 3 bikes woth fuel injection han none of them gave problems. All three started easy, idled easy and smoothly, and had good throttle response. Two were Motoguzzi and one was Yamaha. I don't do more than an hour in the saddle at a time and on this island, high speed is not needed.
no where on this island is more than 55 MPH allowed and the revenue enhancement folks are expensive here. I would probably fit it with a light weight sidecar to carry my wheel chair anyway. Way back in my youth, I had a 90CC 2 stroke Suzuki with enormus fat tires. I have always missed that one after I sold it at the wifes' behest. I never should have sold it, she deserted me a year later anyway. I believe it was an RV 90. Incredibly fun

·
Registered
821 Posts
I would think a switch might be a smart move. If only for the fuel injection. When I lived on the Big Island, the fuel quality was poor and it ate carburetor parts. Not an issue with FI. With a hack I bet you could find a car tire for the rear. Save up and install a leading link front end. I once dreamed of a hack set up such that you could roll up with a special wheel chair, lock it in and it becomes the sidecar wheel. Like a transformer.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have thought about that , but wheelchair wheels are too weak. I would have to be a dedicated sidecar but not needed to be wide enough to wheel into.
My wheelchairs collapse narrower to fit in easily. On my Rokon I carry it in a loop welded to the back of the hack.
I could even put the hack from the rokon on it and the Rokon could be a two wheeler. It is not good as a sidecar machine anyway.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Defecting to the enemy? Just think of it as keeping your enemy closer ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts