TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to post a picture of my new tw-parts.com new disc. Sebastian was (is) great to work with and the upgrade is well worth it all/ streetwise. I ride 75 miles a day in the most traveled and perhaps dangerous stretch of canyons in California. (Yeah Mulholland , Rock Store backside stuff.) From dodging bycilists , crazy motorcyclists ,pump out trucks and wildlife ~ this brake is the bomb !!! Thanks Sebastian !!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just had to post a picture of my new tw-parts.com new disc. Sebastian was (is) great to work with and the upgrade is well worth it all/ streetwise. I ride 75 miles a day in the most traveled and perhaps dangerous stretch of canyons in California. (Yeah Mulholland , Rock Store backside stuff.) From dodging bycilists , crazy motorcyclists ,pump out trucks and wildlife ~ this brake is the bomb !!! Thanks Sebastian !!!!

Sweet - can't have enough controllable stopping power. What I'd LOVE to see is an easy conversion for the back brake.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have sintered bronze rear pads and have my pedal adjusted loose... I find the leverage factor better that way~ you can really lay into them (at least on left turns.)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I wanna see a video of you doing a "stoppie"!

C'moooon, I know that brake will do it!

·
Registered
453 Posts
looks cool! I like it! should give a bit better stopping power on the road... might be toooo much for dirt tho?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually think that the breaking is more controllable and is not GRABBY. I think that the total surface area (puck pad area) remains the same with the stock caliper so the size of the disk really makes no diff in the stopping power EXCEPT ~~ NO OVER HEATING,, No fade and a better feel, I really have laid on the new set up and am really pleased ~ You look at dirt pedal bikes with discs and dont see them flying over the bars (at least not enough, :) I am sure someone will set me right with my thinking ??? But dirt doesnt scare me with this brake ... (but the tires do.) Sebastian is a wonderful asset to our TW community. It has been a real pleasure to have dealt with him, ( I just had to thank him again !!!)
looks cool! I like it! should give a bit better stopping power on the road... might be toooo much for dirt tho?

·
Registered
453 Posts
can you get ED03 /ED04 for the TW? they are a good on road off road combo..

I found the bridgestones your bike is wearing to be pretty shitty in the wet.. I prefer teh TW302/304 - they are "faux" knobblies... not great off road - but good on road and good in the wet!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can you get ED03 /ED04 for the TW? they are a good on road off road combo..

I found the bridgestones your bike is wearing to be pretty shitty in the wet.. I prefer teh TW302/304 - they are "faux" knobblies... not great off road - but good on road and good in the wet!!
Been there ~ I like the tires but the front wore really really fast. Like 2000 miles (about a month riding), I thought Id try the street Bridestones. I really am skitterish in anything wet or off road. But they work well for canyon asphalt. Ill probably go back to the dirt tires but replace the front with a reversable offering rather than the Bridgestone.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Looks sweet, but I'd be afraid of bending/breaking that big thing when I venture into dicey wooded singletrack trails. My oem one has taken a few hard wacks this year already.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts