TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
A new "new" cv carb you can just buy as a part from any dealer or online retailer.

Unless you actually broke the body or it was really, really gunked up, individual replacement carb parts and a good cleaning will usually work.

Welcome to the forum. There's a lot of good folk here, so speak your mind and we'll try to help you work the problems out.

·
Super Moderator
17,996 Posts
Welcome!! :D

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Buy an old style new carb. I’m not sure exactly what else you would need to convert your bike but after owning both an 1988 and 2006 I like the throttle response way better on my 1988.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm new here. I've been looking for a new carb for my tw and have had no luck. U guys have any suggestions?
With a carb rebuild kit for around $35, a bucket of Berryman’s carb cleaner for around $25, the Yamaha service manual and help from the members of this forum, you could rehab your carb to almost new condition AND learn a lot about how your machine runs.

If I can do it, anyone can...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Bike Bandit is good. Rocky Mountain Atv MC is my favorite because you can see if it's in stock on their site. If you can get a part number, enter it on boats.net as they are usually the cheapest. If not in stock, prepare to wait a week or two to receive it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I say go for it. New carb $274 rebuild kit from procycle $39 I just did my ‘09 carb having never rebuilt a carb it started on the first try. FYI if you do rebuild don’t lose the rubber plug from inside by the main jet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well..... after trying to remove the bowl and stripping out a screw head , I'll be waiting till I get a screw extractor set to examine what 4 yrs of sitting has done to it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Dang bowl screws are so soft plus you need a JIS screw driver not to strip them. A lot of people change them to metric Allen head screws. The drain screw is easy to mess up too also needs a JiS screw driver. The tool kit has one in it although you may need a smaller size for the drain screw.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Stripped out screw? You can grind what’s left with an angle grinder, or drill through the head with a drill bit. When you get it apart there should be enough threads to unscrew with a pair of vise grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
I've used needle nose vice grips to get those carb bowl screws out with the stripped out head before. Might work for you. Regular vice grips have to large of a working area to grasp the screw head when I tried it thus using the needle nose vice grips. Of course, extracts work pretty well too!:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was able to get it out earlier today. Cleaned it up and threw it back together. Starts without starting fluid now and seems to be getting better on the throttle. After messing with throttle for a bit it seems to be loosening up some garbage that was still in there. Seems to be coming down to idle a bit slow like mentioned in another current post here

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Did you put some Seafoam in the tank to help with the crud?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see a fuel system cleaner mixed strong in the fresh gas. Hoping I might be the first guy it magically fixes everything while it sits for 2 days. I'm guessing I'll have carb off 3 or 4 more times before I buy a brand new piece. That's my luck

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well. I think i ve got it cleared up. Seems to start at half choke when cold and runs without it after a bit. I cleaned up the carb and did a valve adjustment. Gonna put a few miles on it and do an oil change. Thanks for all the good info here

1 - 20 of 21 Posts