TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm restoring these two bikes, front to back, and wasn't able to locate a carb rebuild kit from Rocky Mountain, the place where my bike savvy friend told me to order parts from. My thought it would save me a lot of precious time and energy to simply just get NEW carburetors off amazon or ebay(looks like they're only about $50...rather than $300 from RM). Trouble is, I'm only seeing carbs for the years 2000 and above. Anyone have an idea of my best route to find a couple carburetors for my 87 and 89? I was under the impression that these bikes haven't really changed much over the years, but wanna make sure I buy the right thing so I don't have to return anything if possible.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The cheap Chinese clone I used is a clone of the TK model that has been the stock factory carb since 2001. Some of us have retrofitted it to the older bikes (pre 2001). You’ll definitely need a new boot for the airbox side. I was able to reuse the boot on the engine side. I was also able to use the existing throttle cables after some rerouting. 300 miles and running pretty good. I still need to play with air/fuel mixture screw.

Reactions: admiral
1 - 4 of 4 Posts