TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
It's not the misaligned side cover that bugs me so much as the dishonesty.
I'm with you. I personally wont ever give them a dime of my money ever again. Fully thing is i like the tanks just fine. They fit fine and both my right side covers just needed a tiny trim on the mounting post to fit good. Its not perfect but close enough.

I just hate it when a company has such poor customer service. Things break and mistakes are made but how you deal with it as a company makes or breaks you in my world. I have a short list of companies i will never ever buy from again because of truly bad service after the sale.

Dodge
Evinrude
Sony
Dell
last but not least
Clarke....

Had Clarke simply sent me out the spacers in a timely fashion instead of making me wait months to get two sets of spacers i would have taken zero issue with it. It was the dozens of phone calls, no ETA, claims they shipped them but could not provide a tracking number, attitude every time i called, etc, etc that ticked me off.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am about to buy one for my 2014. Kinda the only option for us unless I can find a cherry XT tank

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
cpit - for the right side cover, what worked for me is putting the front tab into the Clarke tank, first, then snapping the two bottom tabs into place.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks, bananachunks. I did try that, but the pin just slides out of the grommet. Maybe it will improve under weight/heat over time. I wish the grommets had the "snap" feel that the the stock ones have when the triangle part of the pin goes through, but the grommet is too deep.

justgastanks replied as follows when I said the spacers are missing:

"The two black rubber spacers that the bolt goes through?"

It sounds to me like he is describing the grommets. Can someone give me a description (color, materal, size) or picture of the spacers so I can clarify with him?

Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
The spacers are aluminum and about 1 1/4" long or so, they go through the rubber grommets to keep from bending the tank when you tighten the bolt.

·
Super Moderator
19,095 Posts
Honestly, don't expect that tank to settle in and fit better later either... :mad:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
And......if it were me...I would simply go to Home Depot and buy a couple dowels that would work, or...one piece of tubing rod, and cut to fit.

All this "waiting" for the companies to figure out what they left out of the shipment...could take years......years I say !

Fix that tank situation tomorrow, by going to Home Depot, or the like, and getting the dowels of tubing you need.

BTW, when I measured mine, they are only 1.5" long...NOT 1 3/4 inches long. The other specs are right.
If the spacers aren't at my door when I return from my trip, I will search the garage for something to serve as a spacer, or go to HoDo. I like for companies to right their wrongs to prevent it from happening to future customers, so I will continue to follow up anyway.

On a separate note, Scott Oiler is indeed replacing my RMV unit, even though I am well out of warranty. Customer service for the win! Two thumbs up for scott oiler - I will be a return customer :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Clarke blows my mind with how bad their customer service is!!!

I explained that I found out the front wasn't properly secured because spacers didn't come with the tank. Their response:

"My tech has indicated that we do not send spacers with that model so maybe you could send some photos over please that way we can get a better idea how to help you resolve the issue. Who did you purchase the tank from?"

Are they messing with me or really don't know the parts used in a tank they've been shipping (with spacers) for years?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I wonder if they think someone is making knockoff fuel tanks????

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I wonder if they think someone is selling knockoffs???

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Clarke blows my mind with how bad their customer service is!!!

I explained that I found out the front wasn't properly secured because spacers didn't come with the tank. Their response:

"My tech has indicated that we do not send spacers with that model so maybe you could send some photos over please that way we can get a better idea how to help you resolve the issue. Who did you purchase the tank from?"

Are they messing with me or really don't know the parts used in a tank they've been shipping (with spacers) for years?
They are really that stupid. When i called them it literally took me 15 minutes to explain what i was looking for. I almost gave up but pushed out of principal. Nobody should have to deal with this crap.

Cpit,
Stay tuned to this thread, I just went to dinner with a buddy of mine that machines a lot of tubing for a living. He is going to check his stock at his shop and see if he has any tubing that will work(he is almost 99.9% sure he does and in aluminum too). Ill know sometime in the next day or two. If he does, ill cut you some spacers and mail them to you next week. Ill let you know via this thread and if you want in the meantime PM me your address.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
They are really that stupid. When i called them it literally took me 15 minutes to explain what i was looking for. I almost gave up but pushed out of principal. Nobody should have to deal with this crap.

Cpit,
Stay tuned to this thread, I just went to dinner with a buddy of mine that machines a lot of tubing for a living. He is going to check his stock at his shop and see if he has any tubing that will work(he is almost 99.9% sure he does and in aluminum too). Ill know sometime in the next day or two. If he does, ill cut you some spacers and mail them to you next week. Ill let you know via this thread and if you want in the meantime PM me your address.
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your offer. I will send you a PM.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

Cpit,
Another example of how incredible many of the forum members are!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts