TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Got home from my business trip today and was welcomed by some custom-made spacers from jb882.

Clarke stopped responding to me, and justgastanks was too confused to be of any help, but I knew the TW forum would come through. Thanks a ton jb882! You rock!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
:) glad they made it to you ok.

One tip if you have not already installed them. Put a little never seize compound on the outside of them before you install them on the bike. They will slide into and out of the grommets much easier that way.

·
Registered
363 Posts
What does a Clark tank petcock and a walrus have in common?................THEY BOTH LIKE A TIGHT SEAL !

·
Registered
2006 TW200
13 Posts
My new-to-me 2006 came with a 2.7 Clarke Tank. I just removed to do some maintenance and reinstalled. Noticed I had a leaky petcock when the fuel line to carb was removed.... Led me here checking to see if the Clarke tank used a special petcock.... Mine definitely does not have the two aluminum spacers..... I think I have some old AL arrows that can be used.....

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
My new-to-me 2006 came with a 2.7 Clarke Tank. I just removed to do some maintenance and reinstalled. Noticed I had a leaky petcock when the fuel line to carb was removed.... Led me here checking to see if the Clarke tank used a special petcock.... Mine definitely does not have the two aluminum spacers..... I think I have some old AL arrows that can be used.....
Its not special at all. They actually ship without a petcock. They do include new gaskets so you can re-use the original petcock from the OEM tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
i've happily modified my '21 tw with nearly anything that i might find remotely useful, and a larger tank was near the top of the list. i also researched every mod with the kind of passion only a nerd can truly know and because of that a clark tank was dropped from the list. threads like this one helped to reinforce that decision and are very VERY helpful for those of us who are new to the whole motorcycle thing and rely on others for information. thanks for this! :)

41 - 47 of 47 Posts