TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my tank after waiting for over a month and there are a couple of issues. What looks like a repair on the front bottom edge as well as the front bolt is crooked! I know They where selling some blemished tanks a while back but I paid full price for a new tank! What do you guys think?
9EA8E86B-D7F0-437E-8578-6F559A36985C.jpeg
F0563FF7-B866-4C66-B996-C6A3ED72E29B.jpeg
F0563FF7-B866-4C66-B996-C6A3ED72E29B.jpeg
BD33B848-387D-426B-8951-0AC4D09C63C0.jpeg
9EA8E86B-D7F0-437E-8578-6F559A36985C.jpeg

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well,
There's a couple of ways of looking at this. One, photo all the issues, as you've done, and send them to Clark with whatever type of explanation you desire and then, once you think they've received the photos, get them on the phone and have them look at the photos WHILE you're both on the phone, so there's absolutely ZERO communication issues and you're both on the same page. Then, you might be able to go two ways with this. One, either get them to pay postage etc. and send that tank back for a replacement or, if you can put up with the issues but, with some satisfaction of resolve from them, you might be able to negotiate some sort of refund or, partial money back.

Two, simply DEMAND they take the tank back, and send one that's up to your satisfaction. Do they have any type of warranty with their tanks?
Scott

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have sent them pictures and am awaiting their response. I guess it will come down to if I think the integrity of the tank is compromised by the “repair”.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I would return it and call them so they can explain how a tank in such shape made it to shipment..

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about this! I was hoping that Clarke actually got it together and fixed the issues on the TW tanks - it looks like they have added another one instead...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well, huh. I have one on order. Hope mine looks better than that. That's definitely not acceptable.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Not acceptable for half price!

Reactions: grewen

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will let you guys know when they respond. I was hoping it would be today but I guess it’s going to be Monday now...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Immediately call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Demand return postage and a full refund. They continue to sell a shitty product because people continue to put up with the crap they receive.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Lots of documented issues with Clarke tanks for TWs. This thread is the most comprehensive...

The one I had on a bike long since sold had the same molding blemish and horrible fit. Even had a leak that I repaired with a soldering gun and a piece of plastic I carved from another thicker part of the tank.

Sorry about your troubles.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
i wouldn't put that piece of crap on any bike. that is disgusting, maybe time to mention lawyer. how can they sell that as new!!! i can see i will be keeping my stock tank

·
Registered
996 Posts
I normally stick up for them with the imperfections and mold issues. I could care less about fabbing the right side plastic on. Your tank is definitely garbage. Instead of making demands or threatening the use of a lawyer (who I am sure is dying for this case to come through the door), be patient and they will probably tell you to sgip it back on them and send you another tank. You will inherently have a right side plastic issue with that tank, but you will be glad you have the extra fuel. I has a customer service issue and they treated me like I owned the place.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Worse one I've seen....I have a white one with a similar blemish, but way less obvious because of color. All else was OK. The bolt being off will make install funky. Get a new one from them - I really like my Clark - more fuel and it takes a hit well. TW fell to side on trailer and hit the rail on it hard. Scrubbed black paint off tank and no mark. A stock metal tank would have buckled.
Have them inspect the second tank before shipping.

·
Registered
734 Posts
It's really too bad Clarke doesn't care to fix the issues. I know that I am one of many on this forum that really would like a Clarke tank - but will never buy one until the company admits and resolves all of these problems.

Reactions: NorthernSpy

·
Registered
801 Posts
The blemish has, and will probably always be there in the TW200 tank. It is what it is at this point and everyone should already know about it, no matter how much it sucks. However, I have never seen one with the screwed up, crooked, misaligned bolt holes before. That is a whole new level of fail. That one should go back immediately.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts