TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After loving my new front brake cable, I decided I'd replace the clutch cable. It was only $17 from 'Motion Pro' (ordered through local bike shop). Install was easy. I found this new cable to be easier to dial in our sometimes finicky clutch adjustment. The smoothness of this new cable is great. Just thought I'd mention this, since this quick upgrade cured my 2+ years of questionable clutch adjustment...

·
Registered
81 Posts
After loving my new front brake cable, I decided I'd replace the clutch cable. It was only $17 from 'Motion Pro' (ordered through local bike shop). Install was easy. I found this new cable to be easier to dial in our sometimes finicky clutch adjustment. The smoothness of this new cable is great. Just thought I'd mention this, since this quick upgrade cured my 2+ years of questionable clutch adjustment...

I've always just pumped loads of liquid graphite in them. A new one does sound cheap enough though...

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Awesome! You never know how bad your cables are until you get a new one! I noticed the same thing when I replaced my clutch as well as my brake cable.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, comparing the ease of cable movement through the housing of the old vs new cables was amazing. I was kind of surprised my brake and clutch cable even worked properly. I love that the new cables allow my control levers to completely spring-back into open position. The old cables just had too much drag...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
What would be the differences/advantages to the Motion Pro cable? Cost seems very similar to the OEM, so why one over the other?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I usually go OEM, but didn't specify when I ordered the cable. Either one is fine. But id go OEM, especially since the price is close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts