TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: It's nineteen hundred - my bad.

Holy cow, I thought the RX3 was inexpensive. WOW! This is introductory (just like they did with the RX3), but still! For under two grand, it could fall apart and blow up in ten thousand miles and still be a really good deal lol... If quality is on par with the RX3, then this could really be a hit.

http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/CSC-TT-250-s/275.htm

I'm almost tempted to sell the DR and use the ~$900 as a down lol...almost.

My biggest "complaint" would be the limited front suspension travel. 6.5 inches is very little for a dual sport. But, for the price...who cares. I didn't notice when I watched the video, but this bike has electric and KICK START, stock! Nice!

Registered
With "CSC" in the name how can anything go wrong. Seems like a lot of bike for the money, but remember that a big draw to the TW is the low seat height. TW is the most amount of CC some guys can get without lowering the bike.

Registered
It's a rebadged Zongshein... and like you said, the suspension travel is too weak. Given how you've ridden your DR over the years, I bet you'd destroy this thing pretty quickly. The DR is still 10x the bike.

Registered
From what I read over on Advrider, I believe it is a Zong machine, also a Honda cloned engine.
We'll , someone with "extra" dough laying around , pony up and give a report.
The "limited" suspension travel isn't a big deal to me. Most DS bikes are ridden like dedicated off road machines ( wrongfully so by the way) and that's where the threads / posts abound on how a particular machine has " failed" . It would be neat to try one of these out. Spud rider on the same aforementioned forum has put 50,000 miles.....I believe on a Zong produced machine.

Registered
But, you can buy a used TW,,,,, ride it for a while,,,,, farkle it to your liking,,,, unfarkle it,,,, sell the bike and farkles separately,,,,,, Probably spend less than a grand after all is said and done. Oh, and not contribute to the landfill. Just sayin'

Registered
From what I read over on Advrider, I believe it is a Zong machine, also a Honda cloned engine.
We'll , someone with "extra" dough laying around , pony up and give a report.
The "limited" suspension travel isn't a big deal to me. Most DS bikes are ridden like dedicated off road machines ( wrongfully so by the way) and that's where the threads / posts abound on how a particular machine has " failed" . It would be neat to try one of these out. Spud rider on the same aforementioned forum has put 50,000 miles.....I believe on a Zong produced machine.
Now he has over 77,000 on his zong, a lot of nay sayers that have zero knowledge with these bikes.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Rob: I will agree that the DR200 is a better bike (save the lack of a kick starter...), but this is also less than half the cost of the DR200. I'm approaching 23,000 HARD miles on the DR right now; I'm reasonably confident that I could get more than 10k out of this Zong motor (possibly much more). The appeal of a bike like this, I would argue, is that those of us who simply CAN'T buy something more expensive, can still have SOMETHING to have fun on. There is of course the whole used-market argument, but I hate used bikes. I'm never buying used again except when there is absolutely no way in hell I can get anything new.

I mean it's kind of the same overall concept as the WRR vs XT250. I wanted the WR and would still prefer it over the XT. Unfortunately, I did not have the money for a WR; I am pleased with my decision to go ahead and get the XT: it is a great motorcycle for the money!

Anyway, I'm not seriously considering this right now, although I will be trying to make my brother buy one, haha...

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
With "CSC" in the name how can anything go wrong. Seems like a lot of bike for the money, but remember that a big draw to the TW is the low seat height. TW is the most amount of CC some guys can get without lowering the bike.
Yea, you do have a point. For me it is a non-issue, but I know some would be concerned about the seat. I feel that 34 inches is still quite reasonable, though (compared with 38 inch KTM's), and there may be (probably) some way to lower the TT for those who really want to.

Registered
Depends on Quality - check out my Signature
Xingyu400XY1.JPG Xingyu400XY2.JPG Xingyu400XY3.JPG
Every time I worked on a new part of the bike I would have to replace the bolts as the ones from China would stretch and break when re-torqued.
Went down to the dunes and the rear hub blew and the chain went through the crank. This occurred on 3rd ride.
My WR has been down to the dune a few times with no issues.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Ejfranz, I think your story is why so many people are, with good reason, highly skeptical of Chinese motorcycles in general. I'm definitely NOT trying to argue that Chinese motorcycles - as a whole - are a good buy. I think there is certainly a lot of Chinese garbage to be had. However, based on everything I've seen of the Zongshen (CSC) RX3 and Zongshen GY2, there are some exceptions to the "Chinese shit" rule of thumb.

There is info online concerning the XY400. I'm sorry you got screwed. That sucks, man! Xingyue XY400 Help? - ChinaRiders Forums . I had a POS Chinese scooter rattle apart on me in high school.

Registered
Motor and tranny were good, never expected a cast hum to come apart.
Paid $1000 and had it for 2 years. Only road it when I went out with my son.
My son rode it to work for a summer so what I paid for it he saved in fuel compared to driving his Jeep YJ.

Registered
So....how many wheelies did he do when you weren't watching? :)

jb
He wanted to ride the WR, but I took it on vacation with me. I could see him do wheelies with WR.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
So who's buying one of these under the DMTB incentive, anyway? ;D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts