TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Cycleracks today. Man, what quick shipping! Install was quick and easy - everything matched up perfectly on my new 2017 TW. Whatever issues they had in the past, they really got it together now.

Unfortunately, there still are some problems posting photos here, but at least here's the link:

New Cyclerack-2305.jpg

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Lucky! Looks like they changed the design of the back of it too. Hopefully the quality is consistent.

Mine was twisted/misaligned and forcing it on worked until I decided to remove it and now two of the threads on my bike are stripped.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I only say lucky because it sounds like you're lucky enough to get one after they've improved the fitting on newer TWs. Hopefully they've improved their jigs in the process. Compared to other racks it's priced fair and aside from the poor fitting one I got I prefer their design.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I only say lucky because it sounds like you're lucky enough to get one after they've improved the fitting on newer TWs. Hopefully they've improved their jigs in the process. Compared to other racks it's priced fair and aside from the poor fitting one I got I prefer their design.
I just ordered one of these and am waiting for it to arrive, but I'm a little concerned about the fit. My 7 y/o likes to ride around the yard on the back and my wife rides pillion occasionally. Does the width of the downtubes interfere with passengers reaching the foot pegs?

Guess I'll find out soon enough, but I'm really eager to know from those of you that already have this rack installed.

Thanks for any input.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
It also provides a snug fit over your ankle in the event of a fall :D

Seriously though - congratulations, and we look forward to reviewing your welding skills ........

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, got my rack surprisingly fast, and installed it in just a few minutes. Seems to be pretty good quality. The down tubes don't interfere when my wife rides, but they do sit a little proud for my youngest boy, and he has to consciously wrap his legs back in to reach the pegs. Not too bad, though, just a bit. And I only ride him around the yard for fun.

Overall, it seems like a good rack. I haven't loaded it down yet, but it seems sturdy enough, and I like it. Hopefully, I won't be welding on it anytime soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts