TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Congratulations! My advice. Look at your child when he/she is speaking to you. We as parents can't always do everything our children would like us to do with them, but if you watch their faces carefully, you will learn to read which requests are the most important to them.

Tom

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Congrats Dad. The first advice I can offer is Enjoy your new bundle of joy and help your wife as much as possible. Encourage your wife to breast feed as long as possible. I've successfully raised six kids so could go on and on.
Rick

·
Super Moderator
17,920 Posts
Say a little prayer..? And hang in there, 18 years will be here ahh..before you know it...? :D

Congratulations!! We need pictures or it didn't happen. :p

·
Super Moderator
17,920 Posts
Will be 18 yrs before i get the bike on the road and will post when we are back home
We'll help you get the bike going if you need help and again Congratulations!! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats! Some good times ahead. It's not that hard, just stay focused. Remember to baby proof anything you might need to in the home before the little one is mobile...look at your plugs, lower cabinets (might add safety latches, move cleaning stuff to upper cabinets, etc.), consider babygates for stairs, window locks, doors (might add a latch the top of an exterior door so can't open the door), etc. . Once they start moving, they move quickly and they never stop.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Congrats! Nothing to do really for prepping....... It just happens and you roll with it. I have 3 of them now all teens. Just don't blink too much because next thing you know they are big. One minute they are your shadow walking on your feet for you. The next minute they want their own space and time........ Seems to me like mine were born yesterday and lil' chits hours ago. Today they are running their own game. It sucks missing out on anything with them and is the main reason i no longer travel for work. Just not worth it.

Enjoy every minute you get. The very first days are the most interesting as you wonder about in a zombie sleep deprived state. Wouldn't trade my experiences and kids for all the everything in the world. Again, don't sweat anything and nothing you can really do. It just happens and you will get it just fine. Been there,, done that and one can never fathom it until it happens to you. It's ALL GOOD!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Congrats from the middle of the world. Now, RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!! Just kidding. You will be just fine. Pray for ten fingers and ten toes, and that all is well with baby. Give Mom the biggest hug she has ever gotten, and buy some cigars to give out to your buddies. Now you will need a baby seat for your TW.:eek:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Congratulations! I have 3 under the age of 8 - uffda.

Advice:
Patients - things wont happen fast anymore (especially on the TW). Hard to keep a MAN schedule when baby and mom are now the boss. (You will be #3, just before the pets).
Date nights - Continue date nights to keep mom and dad sane. Mom will appreciate date nights like never before, which works out well for Dad :)
Sleep - get as much as baby allows or mom and dad will go Nutz!

Good Luck! If other Tdubbers can do it, I sure you will do a fine job.

Prayers for you and family.

·
Registered
548 Posts
So??? Are you a new dad now? Too cool, once the "scared" part goes it will be one of the best things that has ever happened to you. Now you get to look forward to the many phases a child goes thru, they start off with the PW50, followed by the PW80, that leads to a TTR125, and finally they will steal your TW200 right out from under you.

The only advice I can offer is that you always hug your kids everyday, always know where they are, and be part of their lives. We raised two daughters in a small town and we were very involved in everything they did, but not to the point where they would rebel on us but in a way that they knew they were loved and cared for and could come and talk with us about anything. You will be a great dad and the fact that you ask us for advice shows you already care. Keep us posted.... and get every bit of sleep now cause once that little one is here....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its a boy!!! Been a long day and mama and baby are sleeping so I thought I would pop in and say thanks for the advice all...It is greatly appreciated and today was definitely a game changer. Maybe when I get the TW all fixed up...it will become an heirloom.

Again...thanks everybody.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,920 Posts
ALRIGHT!! Good job bro!! He's a cutie!!

OK, on the bike, what can we do to help you?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congratulations...you're now the richest man in the world. Everything else is just stuff, and means nothing in the end.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts