TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself on here. My name is Joe Rizzo and I'm currently living in Portland Oregon. My TW is a ratty little thang but my favorite daily I've ever had. I put an absurd amount of miles on it as it's my only transportation at the moment. In the process of making it a little less janky/cooler. The bike was a non-runner mess when I got it, crazy hacked wiring, and all the plastics were busted so I'm going the stripped-down route.
The dude I bought it from pointed out how low the VIN# was, it's 202, and according to him the VINs didn't start at 1, not sure if that's true or not. I'm wondering if anyone has one with an earlier VIN?
Couple other things I'm curious about so I can ditch the airbox/battery box. What are you guys running for batteries? I want to keep my electric start for occasional use but want a small modern battery I can mount tucked away in a tray under the seat, preferably cheap as possible. The other thing I'm wondering about is jetting. I've opened up my exhaust and will be running a UNI filter so I'm looking for a rough starting point.
Looking forward to responses!

IMG_1480.JPG
IMG_1408.JPG
IMG_1406.JPG

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Get a little lithium-ion battery. The Shorai in mine is super tiny and weighs nothing.

I assume your TW is an 87 since that's the first model year?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Welcome from Maryland. Kinda neat that you have a serial number so low.

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
667 Posts
Wow that bike looks like it was ridden hard and put away wet, glad to see it's in caring hands now. Keep us informed of your progress as you work on it, we especially enjoy the "project" threads. :icon_thumright:

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

That would be the forum's lowest known Vin number I believe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts