TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new DG V2 exhaust for a 2019 TW200. 1” insert included. Just put it on my tub. Works great but my 69 year old ears don’t like the sound. I will sell it for $150.00 plus shipping. I paid $275 for it three weeks ago.
Terry

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It quieted it a lot,but I just like things quieter now. A side effect of getting old.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You are giving away a great piece of hardware. You cannot really want to listen to Lawrence Welk when you can have The Who. Just put the 1.25 inch disk in there and call it good. You will be dead for a long time. Be cool for as long as you can. You are not supposed to sleep on the bike, who cares about the noise. Why be an extra in a Boost or Ensure commercial when you can star in an adult film. Keep the DG V2 pipe. Close this thread.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After riding a Harley Davidson Police motorcycle with the baffles punched out for twenty years, I have really started appreciating quiet. They sounded really cool when you are a young motor officer. Now I am paying for it with my hearing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We bought three one year for new motor officers. They weren’t certified yet to ride them, so I rode them back from a dealer 50 miles away. I probably pulled the clutch in tried for a high gear twenty times as I brought each one back. They were nimble and had a tight turning radius compared to the Road King, but they had no low end torque. I had no desire to ride one on a daily basis.They also like to shimmy when you got up close to100mph.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Everyone tells a good story 30 years later and embellish when appropriate. This story is dead true. In 1986 I dated a girl who got a new RX 7. This was the year they changed the car up and it looked like the Supra. The night she got it I put her up to 110 on the 134 heading west to the valley before it turned into the 101. It was about 2 a.m.. We were both dead sober. I look in the rear view and guy was coming up on me fast. I shit my pants as I figured it was CHP. As they got right up on the car I saw rhe lights move apart and knew it was bikes. Now I really shit my pants, had to be CHP. They both went around each side of the car and didn't even look at us. They had to have been going 120 to pass us. All I thought after I did not have to change my pants is that those guys were enjoying a 120 mile per hour ride on a beautiful L.A.night. That had to be the greatest job in the world. In 1986 they were running 900s. In San Francisco area they had Moto Guzzi.

In some other post I will tell you how they filmed CHiPs. It will let you down....Yes I am a better rider than Ponch and John....and so are yous guys. They would do chase scenes past my highschool. Are yous guys sure you want to hear this?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Ponch and John were towed all over the San Fernando Valley sitting on their bikes mounted on a flatbed trailer with camera man on the back of the pick up truck that was towing the flatbed trailer filming it. Stuntmen did any riding on the road. My highschool was on the corner of Topanga Canyon Blvd. and Vanowen Street. Many freeway scenes were on the 118 before it opened...which was a great dragstrip too. Just look out the window and there was Ponch and John in hot pursuits...everyday. The only two cops in L.A. that nobody pulled over for. If you listen carefully you can hear their 17 speed gearboxes going through the gears and I was the only guy in the county who never had a hubcap come off.

·
Registered
2010 tw200
37 Posts
I have a new DG V2 exhaust for a 2019 TW200. 1” insert included. Just put it on my tub. Works great but my 69 year old ears don’t like the sound. I will sell it for $150.00 plus shipping. I paid $275 for it three weeks ago.
Terry
What is the 1” insert?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DG has different size inserts to quiet down the exhaust. The 1” is the smallest and quietest.

·
Registered
2010 tw200
37 Posts
DG has different size inserts to quiet down the exhaust. The 1” is the smallest and quietest.
[/QUOT
I have a 2010, from what I understand there are two different mufflers depending on what year bike you have

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gr
You are giving away a great piece of hardware. You cannot really want to listen to Lawrence Welk when you can have The Who. Just put the 1.25 inch disk in there and call it good. You will be dead for a long time. Be cool for as long as you can. You are not supposed to sleep on the bike, who cares about the noise. Why be an extra in a Boost or Ensure commercial when you can star in an adult film. Keep the DG V2 pipe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts