TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the new to me DRz400SM is home safetied plated with its new shoes too boot. Looks a tad like a Big TW but time will tell how it does on the trails in comparison. It’s a tad heavier, taller(it’s lowered so it too bad) and has a Lot better power. But it’s a lot less comfy (wow that seats narrow (butt floss anyone lol). And the geometry’s a bit different will take some getting used too. Also lacks the amazing turning circle I love about my TW.

But far better power and suspension for my weight and I loving the look.

70F380A2-A0FD-4433-B9DA-D4C0AC77E743.jpeg

53BCDD60-4957-44AD-A18C-98F743C7D5CA.jpeg

9F1101C5-32AF-4B61-8F2A-758C04C7D852.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Congrats. It looks like a nice bike. I wouldn't go heavier then a TW myself but if you can handle it, it has a great stance for standing and awesome suspension. It also looks like most of the weight is low on the frame which is a bonus making it easier to balance for a heavier bike.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The TW is the smallest lightest bike I have ever owned. I don’t think the added 30-40lbs will affect me tooo much as my off roading experience has bettered since getting the TW. I started off roading on a 07 V-Strom 650 which I managed but was obviously no good for anything more than a “road”. Then I got a DR650 which was far better but still a bush pig and not ideal to really learn off roading skills on. I traded that machine to Peter here for my current TW and have spent the last 3-4 years tweaking it to fit me and playing on the dirt every chance I get. Never have I thought the TW felt heavy in any way and the only thing I have ever felt was it needed a bit more power on hills and such. What I am hoping for with the DRZ is a nice happy medium Between the ultra easy confidence Inspiring TW and the Grunty beastly DR650.

I’m a big boy at 270lbs and been a diesel tech my whole career so I can lift it no problems. The only place the weight may bite me is the trail handling and or higher possibility of injury in the inevitable get offs off road.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Looks great. Enjoy it to the max.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Whooa thats nice Mike. Well after seeing you ride last year I'm confident you will have no problem taming that beast. Guess all I will see of you this year is your dust.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whooa thats nice Mike. Well after seeing you ride last year I'm confident you will have no problem taming that beast. Guess all I will see of you this year is your dust.
Thanks Peter. But I don’t think I am that quick at all. My dirt riding buddy is always leaving me sitting up until the rock crawling (damn YZ250F owner). And also I still SUCK with sand so there’s always those sections to catch up on lol. Besides if we meeting up for a TW ride. I will bring the mighty TW it’s still and shall always be my first dirt true love lol.

Off road I am NOT looking to be any faster. The only place I needed more power is on the street and certain Steep long up hills on the trail when the TW ran outa breath lugging my fat behind up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts