TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,all from upstate NY. I am very interested in the TW 200 they sure do look like alot of fun--anybody else know where there are some long, kinda scenic trail rides to take close to the Binghamton area? I have to find out where to take the MSC too. I havent been on a bike in 25 years, I thought it might be time to get back on before I cant! Thanks, John

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum John!! Hopefully some riders in your area will pipe in...:D

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hi John, welcome! I'm sure that our NY riders will be with you shortly. In the mean time, I'm sure that there is more than enough info here to keep your interest. Things of note: This IS the greatest show on earth, a bunch of us are meeting for the 2nd and now annual ride week in Moab, UT in March, Washington state apples are the best, and you have just made many new friends. Enjoy!

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Welcome John, and GaryL a member on here might just have a TW for sale and he lives in NY.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hello,all from upstate NY. I am very interested in the TW 200 they sure do look like alot of fun--anybody else know where there are some long, kinda scenic trail rides to take close to the Binghamton area? I have to find out where to take the MSC too. I havent been on a bike in 25 years, I thought it might be time to get back on before I cant! Thanks, John
Plenty of trails/seasonal roads just to the north and west of you. As far as MSF courses they are regularly held here.....

Student Information | Southern Tier Harley-Davidson® | Binghamton New York

This is on Upper Front st. in Binghamton.

Tom

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Hi John and welcome, GaryL here and just down route 17 a piece by Monticello. Sorry I probably can't help you with a TW right now because I have an almost new 2006 TW with 73 miles on it and an equally almost new 2006 XT225 with just over 100 miles now. My original thought was to keep the XT and sell the TW but I am rethinking this plan as we speak. I did take the XT on a short trail ride with Bucknutz and a couple of his buddies and although I do love the XT it falls a bit short on nasty trails with those skinny tires where the TW just plods right up and through. Think I will keep the TW and sell the XT.

As far as rides around our part of this state we find it rather difficult with all the state owned land being off limits to most motorized vehicles. We almost always have to do a bit of Renegade riding where we are not supposed to be to get from one open trail to others. Being registered, plated and insured is a plus but we don't plan on finding any Ranger Ricks in the deep woods we travel. You might look around your area and check with your town highway department for Seasonal use roads. These are legal roads that get minimal maintenance but are usually some great old short cuts over the mountains and through some gorgeous places but legal to be on. I can easily do a 70 mile loop right here with some short hops on secondary roads getting from one Seasonal to another and they are nice rides on old wood and stage coach roads. Power lines are another option that are usually posted but they don't have much in the line of patrolling personnel. The true glory of the TW is if you are cruising down a back road and happen to see what looks like a nice trail you can just take a nice exploration ride into the unknown. Bucknutz took us to a spot that was infested with Timber Rattlers so be careful in these mountains and best to ride with a buddy just in case you get in some trouble.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
5,309 Posts
I did take the XT on a short trail ride with Bucknutz and a couple of his buddies and although I do love the XT it falls a bit short on nasty trails with those skinny tires where the TW just plods right up and through. Think I will keep the TW and sell the XT.
Good decision - and for all the right reasons - it might "plod", but she'll get you where you want to go ......

:icon_thumright:

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
There's a guy in CT with one for sale. And he goes to NY often, too!
Too bad he does not show a direct email. He last came on Aug. 29th but your bike is the perfect set up for him!

GaryL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts