TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

For the last couple of years I've been lusting after a TW200, they are rare here in Europe so I didn't find the "perfect" bike until yesterday!

Been lurking on the forum for a while so I figured I'd join and show you guys the bike.

It was registered for the first time in Italy in 1995, but its a 87 or 88 model, maybe some of you can help figure it out.
The VIN and engine number is the same -3LY-0011**-

It has 4730km/2939miles, MINT!

·
Registered
20,489 Posts
Wow! Nice find is right. Welcome, your patience has been well rewarded. Nice pictures too, it is fun for us to see the small differences between models sold in the states and elsewhere.

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Sweet! looking forward to seeing some pics of your adventures in Italy!!! Is yellow the stock color of the fork boots on that year? In my opinion blue or black would look a lot better. Enjoy your new toy.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
They were Yellow for that year in the blue bikes.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Welcome from Bel Air, Maryland. Wow that is one sharp looking TW. Thanks for sharing your pictures that some serious "Eye Candy" Congrats
rick

·
Registered
667 Posts
Wow, clean bike! Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Are those square blinkers stock?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you to everyone! :)

Haven't had much time to ride yet, will post more pictures next week.

Are those square blinkers stock?
The bike, including blinkers are stock.

The previous owner covered everything with protective film (tank, frame, forks etc.)! I was lucky with this one, its almost too nice to take in the dirt.. :eek:

·
Registered
736 Posts
welcome to the fun-ride! that bike must have been kept stored inside and covered to keep the paint looking so new. great find..

·
Registered
765 Posts
Nice bike and welcome!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lots of more photos, rode a bit last week. I'm liking it more and more each time! :D

Before buying it I was quite determined to modify it, but I have totally fallen in love with the original look. Its simply stunning!! :love-struck:

Might have to get another one to modify... :eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome from Or-ug-gon!

Really clean bike. I noticed that the tail pipe on your bike is a little different from what I see here in the U.S.. We all seem to have that little limp 3 inch thing that your's doesn't have. I like that. I think that I may cut mine off - sort of a circumcision.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome from Or-ug-gon!

Really clean bike. I noticed that the tail pipe on your bike is a little different from what I see here in the U.S.. We all seem to have that little limp 3 inch thing that your's doesn't have. I like that. I think that I may cut mine off - sort of a circumcision.
Thanks! :)

Maybe its a euro thing..?

I bought a brochure of ebay, I like to collect memorabilia and literature on all my cars/bikes.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you hear a loud whine that sounds like gear noise while riding paved roads, it's probably the front tire. I bought my 1989 (less than 3000 miles mostly paved roads) last year and worried about the noise until the guys here recommended that I change the tire. Replaced it with a Shinco and it's now quieter than a rat peeing on cotton. Yours looks like it was stored indoors (mine wasn't) but tires harden with age and the knobs get ramp shaped if mostly ridden on paved roads. I'm 73 and have had many motorcycles over the years but the TW is one of the favorites. I love the fact that I can plant my feet on the ground for extra traction.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts