TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi Reddeg.
You know guns are evil and no-one should own one ! ! ! ! ! ! !
You need more than one for them to be good,
Heres my most recent acquisition,
Tavor SAR in 223/556
And oddly enough, After all these years Ive never even shot a Glock,
Hopefully one day soon I won't be able to say that,
Heres a bad pic of the Tavor,

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ive been thru the AR platform and I like the Tavor,
I also like the basic AK underfolder I've been running for a long time,
I buy the crappiest ammo I can find and this thing has never missed a beat,
Just like an old 1911, These AK platforms will run in nearly any condition,
~ ~ ~
Have you put many rounds thru the Tavor?
Will they digest anything like the AK does?

Attachments

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
How the hell do you tell the difference between the Glock generations? I have both the model 19 and 23 that I bought new back in the early 1990s. Neither of them have ever skipped a beat while shooting but neither have been fired more than a few hundred rounds. I qualify annually with the 23 and when ever possible it is on my side under my shirt. I suspect my two Glocks are Gen 1 models but I have no idea how to tell.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Fantastic and thank you. My 23 is a Gen 2 and the 19 is Gen 3. I traded a new Glock 22 .40 in for the new 19 9MM because I always carried the slightly smaller 23 and bought a super nice Mitch Rosen holster for it. The 23 and the 19 are different calibers but also have the same frames so my holster accepts both Glock's perfect. I also have a Lazermax internal lazer that interchanges in both guns.

I am not particularly fond of the 9 MM round but in a SHTF scenario I always believed the ammo for a 9 MM will be more readily available than for the .40 S&W.

I also would not be at all surprised if the slides and barrels could be swapped onto each frame but have never tried it.

GaryL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts