TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Thought I would join here and introduce myself. I currently ride a 74 Yamaha TX500 that I restored a few months back and then was hit from behind, totaled out and I restored it again http://tw200forum.com/forum/members/jgillespie-albums-74-yamaha-tx500.html ( not back the way I want it but it will do ). I have had and restored several old Honda's in the past and have always leaned towards a bike I can take off road as well. This past year I have found myself riding out on the back dirt roads more often wanting to explore more of the trails but can't due to the type of bike I am on. I have had my eye on the TW's for a while now. Anyway, waiting for my settlement from the accident to come in and I will be picking up my TW200. Damn excited to get back on the trails out here in Arizona.

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Spent about a month riding/camping in the Florence area a few years back. Good stuff down there. The TW will be more docile than the 500.

·
Registered
13,795 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok. You live in a beautiful state. Here's a "welcome packet" so to say. Welcome to the forum.

hometown-tag-yourself

what-s-story-your-forum-name

how-old-young-we

post-photo-your-tw

It's-Done!!!

mrbracket-s-tw200-build

This way you can get a feel for the forum and those that belong to it. Enjoy!
Welcome packet, good idea.

May want to include this thread also as questions regarding how to post photo's comes up often as well.http://tw200forum.com/forum/test-forum/7611-how-post-photos-videos-version-ii.html

Welcome JGillespie!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! Glad to be here and am looking forward to learning a lot about these bikes off this forum.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Not sure what your budget or time frame is, but I keep seeing xdac's TW230 for sale on the PHX craigslist. He's got it posted in the classifieds here on the forum too.

You seem like a guy with some technical knowhow, so although it appears to need a few things you could probably do a lot with that bike.

I've never seen the bike and therefore can't endorse it, but with the 230 engine work already done it seems like one hell of a jumping off point for the right person.

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually have his ad saved. I have been eyeing that bike for awhile now. The price range is right up my alley and the work done on it makes it even more appealing. I am about 3 weeks out (crossing fingers) before I see any funds. Hoping his bike is still available. I am also thinking about putting a large down on a new TW200 and financing the rest.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome To The Forum JGillespie!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts