TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
New guy here. Just picked up a 2016 with only 41 miles on it here in Ca. . Let the fun begin ! Any and all info/tricks that I need to know about would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys
Yep , if your going out in the canyon's GET a KICK STARTER or at least a lithium Battery , Tire patch kit and tools with a LEATHER tool bag. Water . signal mirror .GPS or ELT signal mirror . .If you Ride alone . Yes i WAS from California. WAS is the keyword .
I always rode with my friends . Smith & Weston

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome from eastern CA. NEVADA

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
No tricks. Have fun. Ride safe.
Welcome from NY.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Brand new. Congrats.

Read up on tires here and decide for yourself if you’re ok with what you got.
Put bigger pegs on. Don’t have to spend much to get rid of those kiddie pegs.

Beyond that, ride it as much as you can. You’ll figure out what else you need. Cheers

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
welcome!

where in california are you? there's a lot of dub riders both north and south.

you can click on the links in my signature to see what mods others have done, both small and large.
your bike is your canvas, ride on maestro!

joe band

·
Registered
11 Posts
A rack is essential, I like having a kick starter, LED lights make a huge difference (I did not find any specifically for a TW, but was able to install a generic headlight bulb from Cycle Gear and a simple 1157 two way bulb for the tail/brake light), I also installed a 15 tooth front sprocket to replace the stock 14, which added 2 -5 mph comfortably in each gear. I installed a horn I pulled off an old Sportster.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well went ahead and ordered a JNS led Headlight for Black Friday ( they and them on sale if you didn’t already know) ! Have any of you dealt with Jon over there? I accidentally ordered Chrome and was wanting the black version. I left him A message and sent an email, so hopefully he can fix my mistake!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Hey, Grumps...welcome aboard!

You're gonna love the LED headlight, especially the black one.
It's really cool...

·
Registered
157 Posts
New guy here. Just picked up a 2016 with only 41 miles on it here in Ca. . Let the fun begin ! Any and all info/tricks that I need to know about would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys
Haha this is too funny. You just took that bike away from me. I was at DelAmo Motorsports in Chula Vista just Thursday looking for that bike and they told me that it was recently sold. I ended up buying a new one as the price they gave me was decent. Not the route I wanted to go but could not find anything I wanted in San Diego. Congratulations.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts