TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plan was to find a decent used TW for $2000 or so. Well, there just isn't many around. I found a new 13 for $3700. Really didn't want to spend that much, but it seems like a good deal.

Probably have to sell my FZ1 to fund a new one, unless someone has a decent used TW close to Iowa for $2000 or someone that would trade their TW for a 05 FZ1.

Anyway............don't know what to do..............

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Anyway............don't know what to do..............
Keep watching Craigs List using AdHunter or SearchTempest, have cash in hand and don't hesitate to go look at one if it looks like something you want. There are a lot of other people out there looking too...especially with spring coming up. And of course, hang out here and read the volumes of info that have accumulated. Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
If the 2013 is $3700 "out the door" you might want to grab it.....but if the dealer has add on "stuff" from out of nowhere that adds $600-$800 to it, then that deal isn't one.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Keep an eye open. They don't come up very often here in Iowa. Tirebiter gave good advise for finding one. It also helps if you are willing to travel a ways to pick one up. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I used : Search Craigslist by state and More. to look at all Craig List listings for Iowa for TW's Nothing! Sorry.

Keep watching CL and stop at every Yamaha dealer you see. I just missed a great deal 10 years ago or so. I was in the shop the day after a widow had came in and GAVE her husdnad's TW to the shop. Perfect condition. They sold it THAT DAY for $500.00.

If you want a TW, you must IMAGINE yourself owning one. One, or more (GaryL?), will find you. I've got two now and they look lonely. I might need another.

$3,700.00 with a warranty is not a bad deal. Just sayin'. And, with a good re-sale market (you can't find a used one) it could be a good investment.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello and welcome! Are you on WristTwisters too by chance?
Sure am.............. don't think I'll ever sell my 919, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that bike, but the trails are calling!

$3700 plus $69 doc and 5% sales tax. Not a bad deal, just hoping for something a little better.

Any takers on my FZ1? It's a hell of a bike.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Paulibiker, I'm rmb over there. FWIW, $3700 + tax is a pretty good price for a new one, I think you'll be hard pressed to get a better deal.

A TW for the trails and a 919 for the street, what a perfect combo!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts