TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to buy a new TW200, after lots of research and fighting the crowd for used bikes on Craigslist. I have been doing all kinds of research, and finally pulled the trigger last weekend. I love this bike! I ordered rear rack and Jimbo Windshield last week. Finally got a chance to get out and ride today. I rode part trails and blacktop thru Texas hill country. Dumped it within the first 5 minutes, :eek: Jumped back on and kept on trucking. Haven't had this much fun in a good while. I had a blast today, can't wait to ride again.

Great Website and Glad to be here!

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
503 Posts
welcome SP!

I too have a CT-90 in the garage. Since I got the TW, it hasn't seen much attention.
Good bunch of guys here, let us know if you got questions (most answers are already posted, so search away)
Once your up and running, remember, we love pictures! Don't let us down

·
Registered
13,730 Posts
"Dumped it within the first 5 minutes"

Darn near broke in already!:D

Welcome and have fun. And you have a camera too! Put both to good use, we like pitcher's!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I remember seeing the gas company meter readers riding all over south Florida on CT90s. One guy at the local Honda shop made a good living doing nothing but servicing those CT for the gas company, another did nothing but repairs on the same bikes, and his teenage son did nothing but set up new CTs working 23 hours a week. That was one heck of a lot of CTs.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Congrats! Do yourself a favor and check the spokes. I bought mine and never noticed there were 3 broken on the rear wheel. I understand that it happens not very often. It's a cheap fix too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
sp_cache, a database guy, eh? Welcome to the disease. Have fun.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IMG_3802.JPG Thanks everybody,
Trail 90 is another fun bike, 41 years old. A buddy and I found a pair of them with titles. Changed out tubes, tires, brakes, carbs, fuel lines, throttle cable, oil and filter. Both in the 3k mi range, still great bikes and fun to ride.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Welcome sp cache (what does that stand for if you don't mind me asking ?) . Was the dumping due too the front end washing out ? ;if so, alot of folks will advise to change it out already ;don't forget to alter your tire pressure when off road vs. pavement (if you don't alreay know this ). And yes, you have joined perhaps the best damn group of motorcyclists and good people on this planet......we stick together !. Is there a company that makes CT "clones" ?.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sp_cache is a name within a name. Used Spotty_cache on geocaching website, use spcache on GB and ebay. Also first and middle initial. I'm tired of coming up with names for every website we go to, ya know?:) Dumping was result of I was on homemade trail behind buddies house, low speed, tight turn still learning the controls. Also rear brake was not adjusted at all, nothing there literally standing on it. I should of known better, couldnt wipe that smile off my face though. Too excited :D You are correct on tire pressure, something else I need to check. I think I'm going to change the oil this week, and see if there is much in the filter, I've got about 47 miles on it. Not sure if this is too premature? I didn't ride it full throttle, but didn't baby it either. Any thoughts are welcome. I don't know of any CT clones, those little bikes are damn near bullet proof. I rode it yesterday around the neighborhood, one kick and it fires right up. You can find them on CL around here running in the $800 range. They are really fun bikes, lots of parts on ebay. We ended up buying 4 of them. 2 with titles, found another one for parts($400), ended up getting it running. It runs but bike is rough. Bought another one for parts $200. I think I can use the parts we need, then part it out on ebay and get money back. I'm hoping.. You need to find you one frog..

·
Super Moderator
18,066 Posts
Go ahead and change the oil. In my opinion, you can't change it too much early on. Do several oil changes during the first 1000 miles. Oil is cheap, your bike will thank you with many miles of service and fun.

Reactions: r80rt

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
The dino version of Valvoline 4-Stroke Motorcycle Oil is ideal for break-in on TWs. Yes, go ahead and change it. You'll be amazed at how much crap is already in the filters (there are 2). The OEM filter is a wire mesh and can be cleaned as easily as the screen behind the drain plug. Change it again at 300-350 miles, then again at 1000, then switch to a real synthetic at 2000, such as Mobil 1, Royal Purple, or Amsoil.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
you aint riding unless you dump it....Congrats and waiting for cool pics of your riding area.....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts