TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Congratulations MT and welcome to the forum!

You have completed the first step which is to recognize that you have a problem, the next step is to acknowledge that there is no cure. You are also at a significant disadvantage if your pockets are already empty. Part of our mission here is to do that for you.

Where are you located at?

Post some pics when you get your bike,

Brian

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Welcome mtpockits. =empty pockets?

When I saw your post headline I was hoping your problem was with the TW and not something more personal like toenail removal er supp'in!:p Thankfully it was TW related. Good luck with your TW...this Saturday!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome New guy! I can totally relate!!! However, you've come to the right place for therapy(TW therapy, that is) As TW-Brian mentioned, you have completed the first step and denial will only make it worst. Now that you have made your first purchase for a TW enhancing part, even before possessing one of these wonderful, addictive machines. You must now take out a second mortgage in order to quench the thirst and start your parts search for the elusive kick starter, mega big bore/ stroke up grade, 6spd. conversion, rear disc. brake setup, etc. ........

I can totally relate! ......and the cool thing about this place, is the kindred spirit, they tell me I am normal!:cool:

·
Registered
892 Posts
What kind of guy buys parts for a bike he does not have yet? You will do well on this site. I had my kicker, barkbusters, a new tire picked out, and some other parts a few months before I found the right bike.

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
You might as well pickup a left side gasket while your at it. May need it after pulling that cover. Hopefully not but what a bummer if you did and had to make another trip.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Welcome from Maryland. Make sure you use a torque wrench on the two bolts holding the front sprocket. They strip easy.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Welcome! Just a thought since we don't know much about you yet. If you are picking up a new TW from a Yamaha Dealer, why not work a deal and have them install your 15 tooth front sprocket for you. This is a simple job on a brand new bike while in the hands of a competent Yamaha mechanic and shop. If it were me I would also spring for a DID VX 428 X ring chain and have them put that on too. This way you will be good to go for a good 10,000 miles with no worries and very little chain maintenance and adjusting.

GaryL

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with GaryL, let the stealership do the work on a new bike. As for the 15 tooth sprocket, I did replace my a month ago and I do like it for the reason, that I can cruse around back country road in 4 gear with ease and get on larger roads with 5th gear. By all means REPLACE the stock chain. I was always tighten (readjusting) my chain, even after a 30 mile ride. The DID VX 428 X was my choice.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Lol MT, think you will fit in here nicely! I have a box with sprockets, chain, muffler, steering wheel, etc for a gokart I have never built..... but one day it will happen. I started gathering for it for my daughters and now they are 28 and 31.... and they still want a go kart ! Oh the pressure.

Go luck with your new bike and conqrats on the best purchase you will ever make. Enjoy!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome; thankfully you had the courage to stand up and admit your problem ;)

Personally, I spent two years looking for the right bike as they are pretty rare here (in France) Had the bike all planned out in my head; panniers all sketched up, rack, screen... Don't worry your amongst fiends :laughing9:...sorry I meant friends :D

Cheers
Potski

1 - 16 of 16 Posts