TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2016 TW200- 'Ganjo' 400mi ~2003 TW200 'Tafu' 1600mi'
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
New here! (I'm a member on ThumperTalk, but they seem not understand the Tdubs). I would consider myself to be a novice rider, so please be gentle LMAO!
We bought these bikes last year and didn't get out much on any trails, this is our second time out this year and first time on the trails. (yes I know, we need to ride more)

Took a ride to explore a trail near my house, and I should have done more research, my husband (who is more of a novice than I am) is convinced I tried to kill him :ROFLMAO:
The trail I decided to 'explore' was a black diamond (MTB rating?) it had a little bit of everything, ruts, slippery mud, sticky deep mud, giant rocks, a creek crossing, switchbacks next to a cliff that scared the living crap out of me. I only 'fell over' twice...馃榿 Thankfully not at the cliff section. And was still able to get my bike picked up, even with my bags fully loaded. Figured out the techniques to be able to tractor the tdub up the gnarly bits, and pretty much had my foot on the brake all the way down the mountain.. I still can't believe we went where we did looking at it from the other side of the drainage.

But by the end of the day, I was pretty damn proud of us, I felt more confident on my bike, wasn't as afraid of puddles and mud and had a great time - after we got back to the easy trails anyways. During the scary bits I was pretty sure I was going to die, but I sure as hell wasn't going to try to ride my bike back the way we came....

Definitely doing more video next time instead of timelapse. (camera was mounted on my husband's bike)

Registered
Akyramoto
Welcome to the forum..
You and yours seem to be doing well on
Your T-dubs..
Falling down just means your having fun
mike from NC

Registered
Welcome aboard, sister!

Reactions: akyramoto

Registered
Sweet....ridin' the lil mule.

Registered
2016 TW200- 'Ganjo' 400mi ~2003 TW200 'Tafu' 1600mi'
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, looking forward to more riding. Going to try to find some local tdubbers hopefully!

Registered
I really like that video, good way to show a slice of all the places the TW went, even on its side. :giggle:
Quite a variety of terrains negotiated, you should feel proud...and sore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts