·
Registered
667 Posts
Needs fatter tires. Does it come in Yamaha Blue? :p

·
Registered
265 Posts
GOOD FIND, I am always out on the prowl for a small Adventure bike

Now if it gets a 300cc motor like the article rumored it may, I would difinitly consider. I hope the seight height is not over 32 inch. There is already too many dirt bikes choices out there with seats too high. I will always love the TW200 but I am open for more power. I considered getting a KTM690R then I thought it may be difficult to ride in real technical terrain.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Cool concept but I can pretty much guarantee it will not make it to production. Also I have a little beef with my buddy Honda right now for putting a POS ACCT in the CRFL, ruining an otherwise perfectly awesome dual sport motorcycle!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Maybe its just me, but with the 250 motor it already has 2 times the power of the dub and not much more weight. My biggest gripe with the dub is the gearing. Once I finish the 6 speed I think it will be great. It could have a scoach more hp, but I dont think I need 50hp to get it done. For now I just use ALL 12hp. Id love to give this bike a try if it makes it to production.

·
Registered
113 Posts
A better option than those hippo-fat 650's that require 2 men and a small boy to pick back up off the ground. And considering most riding trails these days require some travel over pavement to connect them, this keeps the law off my back. The TW200 is fine for what it is, but let's face it; it's not going to mimic any sort of moto-x features like whoops, bigger air or hard charging up steeps. I enjoy my TW200 when heading out for some squirrel hunting, gold panning, fishing, etc. but I miss the opportunity to ride hard with some power to loft a front wheel with a twist of the grip.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Kj7687......ACCT , ????. TIA.
Automatic cam chain tensioner. Unfortunately this one is also inside the engine, making the common problems and failures with them even more of a pain in the ass. I swear it really ticks me off, especially since they won't fix it; I suppose accounting says it will be cheaper to ignore the issue. Such a shame, because it's an otherwise totally awesome bike. I may well seriously have bought a CRFL (or still might) if the tensioner wasn't crap.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Until Yamaha comes up with an engine to put In the same style frame as the TW I am not going to budge or wish for more power, more this more that. Our little TW's pull they're weight and then some. As far as I am concerned it takes my oversized body anywhere I point it, what more could I ask of it. Knowing it is not for the freeway is a good thing. Those twolane backroads work just fine.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I looked at the new retro SR400 at the dealer the other day and the shape/size of the engine is close to the TW.
Now we're talking! That would be monstrously awesome!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts