·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can't find it on Honda's website

·
Registered
230 Posts
When that thing makes it over here, the interest & demand for the Old Trail 90's & 110's will really increase .

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've read it does not have the hi-low range tranny, and also read it's most likely not coming here to the U.S.
Though I hope I'm wrong on both count's as I do have a soft spot for these type of bikes, and have quite the herd of old ones.
RicklesssS in Oregon

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
What do you have, Rick?

I have a 79 CT90 in solid unrestored condition, wrong carb is the only glitch.

And an unrestored yellow 68 K0 that is an AMCA Junior first place winner.

Was having one of the Suzuki RE5s judged (Senior 1st), and my friend suggested that I have my 68 judged. "It is my pit bike." I said. The judges were all over it. more so than the Wankel bike.

I've read it does not have the hi-low range tranny, and also read it's most likely not coming here to the U.S.
Though I hope I'm wrong on both count's as I do have a soft spot for these type of bikes, and have quite the herd of old ones.
RicklesssS in Oregon

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I bought a brand new ct 90 in the early 70s and rode that bike for 15 years. it took me to work every day and had fun on it for 7 months each year. it took 15 years to figure out it was too slow to be safe in the big city. it was hard to let it go and the thing still looked brand new when I sold it. what a great bike. never once did it let me down

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
When it come to poodle bikes, the one I remember with fondness was little fat girl I bought new in 71. It was an RV 90 Suzuki.
Two very fat donut tires that could run on as low as 3 psi. if you wanted to maximise traction like for snow or ice.
It could top out at about 45 mph or so, above 50 on a downhill. I never tried it but I suspect it would probably float if it had to.
I lived half way up 16th street in Astoria Oregon in those days and one winter day with about 3 inches of fresh snow I was going down hill in front of my house and made a U turn and went back up with no problem. Those of you who know 16th street know how steep it is. With fresh snow on it even jeeps avoided it going down or up.
That little fat thing was a joy to ride even though I was used to riding much larger bikes. I also used it in the Cascade mountains a lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts