TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
This looks awesome!! FI too! Not quite the machine of the WRR, but still close and far better than the Kawi, at least it looks like it...

Didn't even know this was coming. My blue blood just may have to become a little red-mixed :/

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just spotted Honda's new dualsport, the CRF250L.

http://powersports.honda.com/2013/crf250l/colors.aspx

It looks like it is a pretty neat little bike, and not just a warmed over playbike like the CRF230L. It is actually listed at $500 less than the 230!

Anybody got any more details or read any reviews on this bike?
we are working with 3 crf250L owners to develop a nice rack for the little PIG, mike

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Sweet little bike. Sat on one last week and Even i can touch with both feet. I believe its a detuned cbr250 engine. Looks like alot of bike for $4500.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The linkage behind the engine and below the swing arm sure looks like a bang hazard going over a rock or tree branch. Most of the rest of it looks pretty clean.

I still like my TW and will stick with it.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, This CRF250L is out. I bought the first one here in town. Have 450 miles on it already. Quite a few reviews out, Google, Honda, ADV. It has that 6th. gear I always wanted, coming from my TW200. I rode for 5 years. Fuel Injection is great. No shims,jets,bowl gaskets,petcock, ect. Is taller, but I can still touch the ground. so far, 80mpg. can cruise all day at 60. so far 75 is the fastest I have seen on mine. it does just have a 2. something gallon tank. but don't want a 6 gallon KLR tank again. top heavy....I carry 2 Sigg 30oz. Fuel bottles. It does have a gas gauge. has great foot pegs, the mirrors are clear at highway speeds. No, it's not a WR250. But out the door cash was $4500.00 Already have installed a 12V. acc. plug, GPS, BMW heated Vest plug and Acerbis handguards. Heated grips are on my short list. Bike puts out 337 Watts of electricity. Yes, it's the CBR250R engine. a bit different throttle body and exhaust.

Leaving in 12 days for TAT and Colorado. Yes, retired....No time limits. Bags? My KLR tank bag fits, or a magnetic tank bag works. Rear, is a Chase Harper "B" Bag. off and on easy, holds all my camping gear. A Minimalist touring set up it will be, for me.

weight? well, it weighs more than my Ruckus, less than the KLR and BMW. I like it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Good info. Congrats on the bike. Looks like you need to add another line to your signature

·
Registered
425 Posts
Aww man I hope you have a blast on the bike! Nothing like a nice long adventure with a new friend.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
This bike is awesome. I really wish I could buy one. I've read that it has no problem cruising at 75 mph, which seems accurate based on everything I know about it. Super jealous of owners of this machine. I want it so badly but I can't have it = life. LOL.

By the way Carmwes, take some pictures and/or video of that machine and let us see it!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Yes, This CRF250L is out. I bought the first one here in town. Have 450 miles on it already. Quite a few reviews out, Google, Honda, ADV. It has that 6th. gear I always wanted, coming from my TW200. I rode for 5 years. Fuel Injection is great. No shims,jets,bowl gaskets,petcock, ect. Is taller, but I can still touch the ground. so far, 80mpg. can cruise all day at 60. so far 75 is the fastest I have seen on mine. it does just have a 2. something gallon tank. but don't want a 6 gallon KLR tank again. top heavy....I carry 2 Sigg 30oz. Fuel bottles. It does have a gas gauge. has great foot pegs, the mirrors are clear at highway speeds. No, it's not a WR250. But out the door cash was $4500.00 Already have installed a 12V. acc. plug, GPS, BMW heated Vest plug and Acerbis handguards. Heated grips are on my short list. Bike puts out 337 Watts of electricity. Yes, it's the CBR250R engine. a bit different throttle body and exhaust.

Leaving in 12 days for TAT and Colorado. Yes, retired....No time limits. Bags? My KLR tank bag fits, or a magnetic tank bag works. Rear, is a Chase Harper "B" Bag. off and on easy, holds all my camping gear. A Minimalist touring set up it will be, for me.

weight? well, it weighs more than my Ruckus, less than the KLR and BMW. I like it.

congrats and show us some pictures pleeeeeeeease

·
Registered
96 Posts

Here it is, if I remember how to post pics here. Just stock.

·
Registered
96 Posts

And then Loaded, weekend, or Longer.

·
Registered
96 Posts

OK, One last one. Will use this set up 'til racks, or something better comes out. Fun Bike.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Looks awesome man. I really like the hand guards.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Congratulations on your ride, bike. Enjoy your ride,TAT. That thing looks sweet. Are you posting a blog or journal about your TAT adventure anywhere? Would love to follow along.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks All. Don't have a Blog or anything,but will post some pics here when I get back. Have posted a few pics on my FaceBook of rides and Bikes. Have lot's of pics from KLR trips to Copper Canyon, twice, Kansas Flint Hills,("BackRoads Touring Kansas"), Great site too. Colorado, etc. Did alot of that on my TW200 in the 5 years I owned it. Great Bike.

Did ride the New Honda today on a 160 Mile loop, Rte. 66 and beyond. Flogged it in the wind all day 60-70mph. All highway. Gas Milage really dropped! About 55 to 60mpg. Had been getting around 80mpg. @ 50-55

Will check back from time to time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello All........Made it back from short trip. Bike did great. Here in a bit of snow at 11,669ft. Trip was about 1000miles. mostly backroads. TAT, Phantom canyon road,Rampart Range road, then a bit of I-70. No complaints, just wish for a larger gas tank.( Had the same wish on my TW200). Heated vest and gloves saved the day.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts