TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking earlier today about those nice but expensive "pivot pegz" today after riding through some local sand roads and 2-track. I'm still riding the stock skinny foot torture devices and with some nerve issue I've been having in my foot (toes and arch). I'm just not enthuzed about riding next weekend like I should be.

Enter thought number 1: why not use some BMX pedals that give the rotation that is supposedly the nice thing about the "pivot pegz", with an even larger platform... Before I invested any time into it, I found that some bikers are already doing it... Believe it or not Harley, Triumph and some rat bike guys! Here's a pic (hopefully not too small):

No School Choppers - Custom Footpegs
PEDALS.png

Decent pegs can be had for under $25 a piece and I'm sure someone on here could figure out how to limit the spin if it is a problem.

pedals-mounted.jpg

Just thought I'd share what I found :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Gonna have to play with this!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Personally I think these are a bad idea.
I nearly lost my foot on my last ride due to hitting a rock, if the peg was weaker I'd have no foot that's for sure.

Lucky for me the aftermarket foot rests I have are cast iron.

This idea my be ok for on road but off road no way would I fit them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If I was wearing flip flops with plastic flowers on top, maybe. :)
No thanks. I know where to keep my feet under different conditions. The narrow stationary peg allows for range of motion on inclines and your boot will pivot for uneven terrain- all with no reflectors!
My friend put pivot pegs on his GS and all I said was 'why??'.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
i agree with these guys...for offroad there is a point at which pegs can be too wide and end up hindering you...i am also not a fan of rotating pegs...as for the bicycle pedal design...if i can kill a pair of flat pedals mountain biking i guarantee those wouldn't last long on a motorcycle that goes faster...probably why they only make them for road bikes

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
There are all sorts of wider pegs than the stock ones made for the TW that are a big improvement over the narrow ones. Most of us have one brand or another but the ones shown are out of the question for a TW IMHO!

GaryL

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I'll bet you $10 the BMX pegs snap the first time you brush off of a decent rock, I wouldn't trust them.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Hmm I gotta think about this because I have had some awesome pedals on my various down hill mountain bikes and they certainly took a regular bashing and supported my full body weight for most of the ride.

If there was a way to build in the "fold up/back" feature like stocks pegs I'm gonna hold off an saying this is a bad idea

btw I know of high end pedals that cost more than I paid for my TW :)

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Hmm I gotta think about this because I have had some awesome pedals on my various down hill mountain bikes and they certainly took a regular bashing and supported my full body weight for most of the ride.

If there was a way to build in the "fold up/back" feature like stocks pegs I'm gonna hold off an saying this is a bad idea

btw I know of high end pedals that cost more than I paid for my TW :)
Ha Ha! I would love to have those platforms I used to see on the big hog police cruisers but they would have to be made from UNOBTANIUM!:p

garyL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts