TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I was recently convinced by a coworker to buy a TW, so i bought a nice 2006 near me on craigslist with only 1,700 miles on it. I'm 31 and have owned a lot of other bikes (harleys, sport bikes, scooters, drz, klr) I am shocked at how much I am loving the T-dub. So much fun, can't believe I haven't owned one until now!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I smile every time I ride mine. It just happens. :p

Welcome to the forum!! :D

You should change out the front tire. They just are no good off road.

Reactions: socalnative

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Handguards are pretty mandatory.....unless you like replacing levers all the time....not to mention broken fingers if you don't let go when the bike goes down. :eek: :nono:
WPS OFF ROAD AND MOTARD HANDGUARDS from Western Power Sports Offroad

These ones are really tough, I've bashed them into rocks several times, still as good as new after 7 years. :icon_thumleft:

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Hello all. I was recently convinced by a coworker to buy a TW, so i bought a nice 2006 near me on craigslist with only 1,700 miles on it. I'm 31 and have owned a lot of other bikes (harleys, sport bikes, scooters, drz, klr) I am shocked at how much I am loving the T-dub. So much fun, can't believe I haven't owned one until now!

Oooooh that's a looker! I like that color!

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
85 Posts

So whereabouts in our fair overtaxed broken state are you? I'm on the edge of Washington. And I have a 2006 that I just flipped the odometer to 18xx miles. And yup, the dorky smile still creeps up on my mug when I ride. :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Love the colors on the 2006! I always get a flash of envy seeing that particular color/graphics scheme. :D Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Congrats you guys.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Forgive us for misreading your Illinois needs. There's hardly any sand and mostly black top roads and concrete in Illinois so the front tire issue is a potentially moot point for you. We can talk about breaking clutch and brake levers, but what you really want hand guards for is to protect you from the cold (wind chill) and June bugs. Now if you need accessory advise, you may want a good rack for that 6 pack of PBR, or a good gun case for that pheasant on a back road. Welcome and enjoy the multitude of good on-road riding of Illinois.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
If you want to ride sand in Illinois, goto Goofy Ridge south of Pekin near the river. Miles and miles of off-road trails in deep sand and packed sand. And some actual hills, a rarity in Illinois. I haven't been there since the sixties but it was great back then. Different clubs would hold enduros there. Google some motorcycle shop in Pekin that sells dirt bikes and they will know about it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts