TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I wanted to introduce myself as I am new to this forum. I have recently made my mind up on getting a TW and have been doing a lot of research on my buying options and have found your forum to be very helpful. I grew up riding dirt bikes as a kid, my last motorcycle was a Harley (sold a few years ago), and am ready in the next couple months to get myself a TW. Would mostly be for around town, some trail rides with friends who have polaris's and in a few years to ride with my son when he gets a 50cc. Either way, I just wanted to introduce myself so that if I ever post a question its not totally out of left field. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Welcome to you from NY.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Good Luck on you hunt for a TW. I normally look for TWs on Craigslist and they pop up now and then. I put a “Wanted” on Craigslist and found mine in two days.
My son who is a wiz on Facebook found four in my area. Damn if I can find them again but they are out there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome from British Columbia, Canada!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree Tuber- I’m in no rush at the moment which helps. Right now the dilemma is age vs price. I’d prefer to find a 2009 or newer but I just can’t see spending $3k on one that’s 5-10yrs old when I dont know if it’s been properly maintained, especially when I see them pop up on cycle trader for $3800 brand new every once in awhile. I understand there will be fees and other costs going on the new price but there is also tax, inspection, repair going with used as well. Guess it’s just a trade off and will have to find the right deal. I don’t exactly want a new one either because I know myself and if I have a brand new bike I’m going to be hesitant to take it off road as much as I really intend to. Will just have to keep an eye out for the right deal and keep researching. Thanks all for the welcomes.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
The deals are out there my friend Dave just picked up a 2014 all farkeled up with 845 miles for $2100. You just need to have the cash on hand. Deals like that go quick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yessir- that’s the exact kind of deal I have in mind. I’ll just keep my eye out; for sure have cash in hand just need the right deal to come up!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Sometimes they are up the road a bit.

I would offered him $2400. The tires are 13 years old but it is one of the best color years.

[video]https://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2005-yamaha-tw200/6699576984.html[/video]

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome from the frozen tundra of the northern NV high desert.
I bought mine new earlier this year and from my own personal experience, there was ZERO hesitation taking it off road. Dirt, mud, and custom desert pin-striping along with the call of the wild is too great to ignore.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Facebook Marketplace for sure. You can activate notifications when TW200's are posted in your radius search. Also, there are at least 2 TW200 Facebook groups you can join. Yesterday, I posted in both that I was looking in the NJ area. Within an hour, a member posted a pic of his TDub to me. I picked this Black Widow up today. It happened that quickly. His bike was not on Craiglist nor Facebook marketplace.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts